|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Class C Specifications

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
carringb

Corvallis, OR

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/20 09:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FWIW - The Yellow stickers are accurate. Legally they have to be. At least to the point they were equipped when they left the factory floor. Dealer acceesories won't be included, and some (like hydraulic leveling jacks) are quite heavy.

One more data point: My sisters 2020 Forester on a 2019 E450 chassis has in unloaded weight of just over 10,000 pounds and a GVWR of 14,500, so it has over 4,000 pounds of payload!

Bryan

2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/14/20 08:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 2018 Jayco Redhawk 22J on the E-450 is also 24' long. It has a high CCC, 3,846#. That # is going to go down permanently a little since I'm having a Fantastic Fan And a slide topper installed.

carringb wrote:

FWIW - The Yellow stickers are accurate. Legally they have to be. At least to the point they were equipped when they left the factory floor. Dealer acceesories won't be included, and some (like hydraulic leveling jacks) are quite heavy.

One more data point: My sisters 2020 Forester on a 2019 E450 chassis has in unloaded weight of just over 10,000 pounds and a GVWR of 14,500, so it has over 4,000 pounds of payload!

Erroll, Mary, Duffy the Dachshund (RIP)
2018 Jayco Redhawk 22J
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 23RB
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg

And Blue Ox WDH/Sway Control

Scott M

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/20 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got some numbers from the manufacturer, through a line employee. Out the factory door weight is averaging a little over 2950# of CCC. Adding fuel, water, propane, spare tire and full tanks (1490#), we would have 1460# for us and our stuff (~930#). We travel fairly lite and never with full holding tanks, we should still have additional excess capacity.

Pulled the trigger yesterday on the Odyssey 24B. Should be delivered by late October to early November.

Jayco Eagle HT 23.5 RBS, Ford 2011 Super Crew F-150 3.5 Liter EcoBoost/3.73/Max Tow

Scott M

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/20 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Forgot to ask, how is everyone liking the E-450 chassis and the 7.3 V8 and the Torqueshift transmission? I know I shouldn't have to ask and it's a little late now anyway, but hows the fuel mileage?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Class C Specifications
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.