RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Nikola and GM team up to make 900 HP Electric Supertruck.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Nikola and GM team up to make 900 HP Electric Supertruck.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/20 04:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope the SEC applies the laws consistently! Anything Elon got away with should not be punishable to any other company/executive.

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/20 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

I hope the SEC applies the laws consistently! Anything Elon got away with should not be punishable to any other company/executive.

Don't think that would be the case. Elon has enough money to bribe or lobby his way out of things like he has in the past, Nikola does not.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/20 10:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like Milton has resigned his position at Nikola.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/breaking-news-trevor-milton-out-of-nikola

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/27/20 08:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reported now the Nikola 1 design copyright is invalid due to design was purchased. Again false information about internal development.

Nikola Corp's founder purchased truck designs from third party - FT

So much for getting rich off Tesla.

And in Tesla style, to taunt Nikola, Tesla seems to be calling the new battery the Road Runner using the same name as the initial internal design name for the Nikola 1.

* This post was edited 09/28/20 12:16pm by time2roll *

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/20 03:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BB_TX wrote:

LIke it or not, it is coming. Keeps improving and sooner or later there will be a major breakthru. There will be huge profits for who gets there first.

New battery technology in the works.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/busines........stake-2-billion-equity-electric-n1239491

ROFLMAO.......And then THIS Einstein moment. . In a state that has rolling blackouts that when they are not due to fire danger are due to a self admitted electrical generation capacity deficit, bankrupted their largest electrical utility with draconian edicts and government sponsored lawsuits, has a 54 billion $ budget deficit, and has the highest electricity costs in the nation by a longshot.

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/20 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

Don't think that would be the case. Elon has enough money to bribe or lobby his way out of things like he has in the past, Nikola does not.

It's is more like Elon is clearly the diving force behind Tesla and the largest stock holder. Any attempt to separate Tesla and Elon probably would have destroyed the company and done enormous damage to the minority shareholders. By leaving things alone the shareholders the SEC allowed the minority shareholders to get a 400% return on investment. That was hardly a disservice to anyone except the shorts who deserved what they got for actively trying to destroy the company and the value of the shareholders.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/28/20 07:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

ROFLMAO.......And then THIS Einstein moment. . In a state that has rolling blackouts that when they are not due to fire danger are due to a self admitted electrical generation capacity deficit, bankrupted their largest electrical utility with draconian edicts and government sponsored lawsuits, has a 54 billion $ budget deficit, and has the highest electricity costs in the nation by a longshot.

They simply want to move the pollution from power plants to other states. Those states should cut the wires to the idiots.

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/20 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

It's is more like Elon is clearly the diving force behind Tesla and the largest stock holder. Any attempt to separate Tesla and Elon probably would have destroyed the company and done enormous damage to the minority shareholders. By leaving things alone the shareholders the SEC allowed the minority shareholders to get a 400% return on investment. That was hardly a disservice to anyone except the shorts who deserved what they got for actively trying to destroy the company and the value of the shareholders.

And Milton was the driving force behind Nikola, and a financial company holding shorts in Nikola can destroy the value of the shareholders? Seems like you are picking winners and losers.

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/20 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

Groover wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

And Milton was the driving force behind Nikola, and a financial company holding shorts in Nikola can destroy the value of the shareholders? Seems like you are picking winners and losers.

I never mentioned Milton and don't have an opinion there. We will never know what could have been either. But, part of the reason that I never invested in Tesla was my concern about their dependence on Elon and what would happen if he was taken out of the picture. So, I didn't pick a winner there either. Just observing what might have happened if the SEC had been more aggressive. Also, that the shorts seemed to have as much interest in Tesla failing as Elon did in Tesla succeeding. The difference was that several shorts were acting anonymously under the guise of protecting others while Elon was working his tail off and risking everything to save the planet. The shorts deserve what they got (lost).

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/20 05:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

They simply want to move the pollution from power plants to other states. Those states should cut the wires to the idiots.

Exactly. Just like when I have to read their cancer warning on a can of Rustoleum I purchased in VA......

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Nikola and GM team up to make 900 HP Electric Supertruck.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.