|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> External shower ==> Garden Hose

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
K3WE

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Apologies for an uber-lazy post; however, I can't quite picture the part I need.

I'd like to remove the shower head, and screw in something that would convert to a male garden hose fitting...

Just not quite sure what magical part will "imitate" the shower head and have pipe threads on the other end.

Would love to hear a story or two from folks who have done the same.

Thanks.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 01:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It would depend on what you have now, what kind of hose and fittings, shower head, etc. Our Fuzion came with a quick disconnect hose that had the hose fitting already attached.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Usually shower heads (both handheld and wall mount) have 1/2" NPT threads. You probably need a 1/2" NPT to garden hose adapter, which should be available at a home center, plumbing supply place, etc. At worst, you may have to combine a couple of fittings/adapters.

Wall-mount shower heads have female threads; handheld units have male threads, and the hose between them and the wall has female threads at either end. These are the standard attachments; I suppose it's possible your RV is different, but that would be somewhat unexpected.

K3WE

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DrewE wrote:

Usually shower heads (both handheld and wall mount) have 1/2" NPT threads. You probably need a 1/2" NPT to garden hose adapter, which should be available at a home center, plumbing supply place, etc. At worst, you may have to combine a couple of fittings/adapters.

Wall-mount shower heads have female threads; handheld units have male threads, and the hose between them and the wall has female threads at either end. These are the standard attachments; I suppose it's possible your RV is different, but that would be somewhat unexpected.

Thank you! I was too chicken (and lazy) to believe it was just 0.5”
NPT...but now that I think about it...duh & LOL.

That’s my one stupid lazy question for the year! :-)

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you're that lazy about it, forget the connectors; just use duct tape! [emoticon]

Mike G.
--for now, using a cargo trailer for camping--
Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

K3WE wrote:

Apologies for an uber-lazy post; however, I can't quite picture the part I need.
Thanks.

Very popular item
Shower head is 1/2 Inch NPT Most any hardware will have one

NOTE: the Shower HOSE may not properly screw into it and seat since it seats with a washer.. If that is the case I'll fix you up.

THe two items below are male and female on the pipe side

https://images.homedepot-static.com/productImages/924651bd-fa5b-4fff-bc55-0e5f90cb68fb/svn/brass-everbilt-brass-fittings-801799-64_1000.jpg

https://www.grainger.com/product/4KG83?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uH6BRDQARIsAI3I-UeiOaEuTshd7WFs_wHFENB5LS3rlWa-jXCL7BPwF5c5Kx2jnH9QhNkaAkuYEALw_wcB&cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&ef_id=Cj0KCQjw-uH6BRDQARIsAI3I-UeiOaEuTshd7WFs_wHFENB5LS3rlWa-jXCL7BPwF5c5Kx2jnH9QhNkaAkuYEALw_wcB:G[emoticon]&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!264955916294!!!g!438970240505!&gucid=N:N[emoticon]S[emoticon]aid:GGL[emoticon]SM-2295[emoticon]F8O8T:20500731

If hooking to the faucet the female to hose should work
If hooking to the hose try the male to hose and get a short double female (Collar that joins two pipes) you may also need another 1/2 inch rubber washer or 2 to make a good seal.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

K3WE

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/20 04:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rexlion wrote:

If you're that lazy about it, forget the connectors; just use duct tape! [emoticon]

Awesome suggestion! Now I can fill my water tank and not have to have hook ups ;-)

Thanks for adding some fun!

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/20 05:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I slapped together a quick 1/2" NPT to garden hose adapter using some CPVC parts I had in my spares stock. I mostly use it to feed the black tank flushing wand from the shower hose from time to time.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

K3WE

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/20 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

I slapped together a quick 1/2" NPT to garden hose adapter using some CPVC parts I had in my spares stock. I mostly use it to feed the black tank flushing wand from the shower hose from time to time.

^^^***Like***^^^

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/10/20 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a kit that you can swap your outdoor shower head with a similar head with a quick disconnect for a hose fitting.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3169US/ref=twister_B07RZ7966F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This is an all plastic one, I would probably look for one with brass fittings. I've been toying around with doing something like this. When we go to the beach we all shower off outside first. Our outdoor shower is right above the sewer pipe and the existing short hose doesn't give us much room to clean off.

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> External shower ==> Garden Hose
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.