|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Thought on suspension equalizers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
carringb

Corvallis, OR

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/20 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Added the Dexter to mine. VERY happy. Good thing I did it too. The factory spring shackles were so worn through, one was only about 1/8" from letting go. With the Dexter, I know longer feel when the trailer goes over rough expansion joints or potholes. Previously, I could feel those almost.

One downside.... You also can't feel a tire blowout anymore.... When mine happened, it was in heavy snow so I didn't know until I stopped for gas. (can't see the tires through heavy blowing snow). Only indication prior to getting gas was losing the trailer brakes. I've had trailer tire blow outs before and felt them every time, up until having these suspension equalizers.

So... if you can swing it, I highly recommend a TPMS at the same time!

Bryan

2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/20 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And to add to my above post. Before I did the suspension the trailer always felt a little loose or not stable behind my Excursion. After I found how worn out everything was (you could move both of the axles side to side when the frame was on jack stands) I knew I found my loose felling issue. I also went with the HD shackle kit. After wards the trailer was stable and had no wiggle at all.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

msmith1.wa

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/20 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jshupe wrote:

I upgraded from the Lippert Equa-Flex to MORryde SRE4000 with X-factor crossmembers. This trailer always had an equalizer, but the change in models made a huge difference - not all of them are created equal.

I did the same swap plus higher weight rated springs. Big difference between the Lippert and the MORryde SRE 4000.

2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/20 09:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On my last TT when I was doing some axle/spring upgrades... I looked at replacing the Equaflex with possibly the Dexter version. (They have both generally recieved good reviews here on the forum over the years)
What I found is that they do not match up apples to apples. They had different weight ratings and different bushing spacing measurements.

So throw price out the window, and choose the one that matches your measurements and weight requirements.

In my case, that was the equaflex. With the axle upgrade, I needed a stronger model, and there was one thing that bothered me about the stock Equaflex it came with. The measurements allowed the spring eye to contact the frame when a large bump was encountered... A few so called experts told me that it was fine like that... Not in my book.
I was able to solve that issue with the new stronger Equaflex... If I had chosen the Dexter, the issue would have remained.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FBP, 3, 8K axles, Disc Brakes
17.5 LRH commercial tires
300 watts solar,
2020 Silverado High Country CC DA 4X4 Big Dually.

36guy

Princeton

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/20 10:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ya, me too, dexter ez flex kit on my Imagine, I wouldn't have except for a total suspension failure, towing difference is startling, trailer is really smooth and stable, best addition ever.

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/12/20 05:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out this thread which is stuck at the top of this forum for a long, detailed explanation of the install, complete with pictures, of the Dexter EZ FlEX.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

kfp673

PA

View Profile

Posted: 09/12/20 07:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wondering if anyone has tried the fairly new Lippert Road Armor equalizer. They list comparisons and of course claim to be the best. I was planning to go with MoRyde but recently saw these and am considering. Any thoughts?

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 09/12/20 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My TT came stock with the MorRyde 3000, shocks and 16" tires. It floats down the road. I've put shocks on 3 of my 4 trailers. My last trailer came stock with the Dexter EZ flex equalizer. I added shocks to it.
I wouldn't own an RV trailer without some for of a cushioned equalizer and shocks.

Nv Guy

Reno NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/12/20 10:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did the MoRide CRE3000, wet bolts & heavy shackles kit. Made a noticeable improvement in ride quality. Well worth the time and work, as things in cabinets seem less jostled & tossed about than before.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Thought on suspension equalizers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.