RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Are the campgrounds full in your area?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Are the campgrounds full in your area?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/12/20 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

East Tennessee area, AKA Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg/Sevierville/Townsend not a problem here. Was just in Pigeon Forge this afternoon and it was quite busy. Not like it used to be pre covid 19 but traffic was heavy but moving and people out and about seeing the sights and shopping. Camping sites are still available from the resort high end to the regular campground.

TxGearhead

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/12/20 07:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We used COE and state parks on a June trip from Houston to Des Moines. No problem. Bucksaw sounds familiar.
Just got back from Durango and no problems. I would recommend making reservations the day before, or before lunch.

2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 09/12/20 08:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure about weekends, but during the week I haven't had any trouble showing up at COE CGs around here (eastern Okla.) and having my choice of campsites. We had a cool front come through recently and the high temps through next week are supposed to be in the low to mid 80s. Come to Oklahoma, our skies are pretty much smoke free.

Mike G.
--for now, using a cargo trailer for camping--
Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

kfp673

PA

View Profile

Posted: 09/12/20 08:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Slammed! Cant speak for middle of the week but weekends in state parks right now, forget it. Private parks you might get lucky and find a spot but it is very tight. Much more so than usual here in PA

wowens79

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 09/12/20 10:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the southeast weekends at state parks or COE on the water is very hard to get. Here in Georgia there are a few state parks that always have vacancies, but looking at the website for those parks, there really is nothing that would make you want to go there.

Basically all the desirable state parks are staying booked on the weekends. We paid $100 a night at a private campground in Florida. It was on the bay, and really small sites, and it was full for the weekend, I got lucky and found a cancelation.

2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 241k miles and climbing
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

pasusan

Northernmost PA

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/20 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't know about the rest of PA - but in the northern mountain state parks it has been and continues to be busy.

We like to camp in the fall for the cooler temps and the colors. Had a heck of a time getting reservations and we're nervous since there will be so many campsites full and the restrooms possibly germy (camping in our B).

I've been checking out these and other state parks throughout the summer and they have continually been packed - even on weekdays.

"I'm out here to enjoy nature -- don't talk to me about the environment!" ~Denny Crane

Susan & Ben
2004 Roadtrek 170 for quick getaways
84 Bronco & 90 Award Classic 23 joined with a Hensley Cub for longer trips
Trip Pics

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/20 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We recreate often at a state park in eastern TN (like multiple times per week). This summer, their CG has been about 1/3 full on weekdays, at least half full on weekends and was completely filled over the Labor Day weekend.

memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/20 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dick_B wrote:

I read lots of complaints about campgrounds being full to where one can't even make a reservation and I'm wondering if that is a national problem or just one west of the Mississippi.
We don't count because we cancelled everything for this summer due to the virus and the RV has sat under cover since last October.

Things are improving here....west of the Mississippi! With temperatures dropping into the 20’s last week, some spots are becoming available. There should be more available come November....unless there is a large, local construction job in process or we get another oil field boom.....which isn’t likely! [emoticon]

Fishing is soon to be at it’s best, the fall colors are getting beautiful in the mountains, if you hurry you can catch the elk in full rut, and local museums and our “world recognized “ Wyoming Dinosaur Center” is open. Though, the Dinosaur Center May close later in the season. About the only things that have stopped are the hot days and the local rodeos! Oh.....we also have noticeably less RV’er’s and Harley riders! memtb

Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

cruising spud

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/20 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Southeast Pennsylvania-our "go to, close to home park, (when we just went to get away for a few days, only place we are willing to travel this COVID-filled year), has not been even close to full this season. The people at the desk tell me it is because so many places are closed.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/20 01:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are going next week, Beckley WV, Morgantown WV, Rockwood PA, Winchester VA then South on I-81. Be gone 14--15 days and had no trouble with reservations. Have been to Piegeon Forge for a week and Hendersonville NC for a week and no problem. Been some other places to with no problem

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Are the campgrounds full in your area?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.