RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Are the campgrounds full in your area?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Are the campgrounds full in your area?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/20 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Im booking for next year and am finding parks full. The northeast pa, nj , ny area is usally packed anyway, but now more so. Lots are booking and dropping reservations also, it will get better when when stuff starts opening up, but utill then book early.

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Floridastorm

Orlando

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/20 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been considering purchasing a motor home for quite some time. As of late I notice that there are very few reasonably priced used MHs available out there. My understanding is that due to the virus hysteria and panic, along with most means of transportation either curtailed or requiring draconian regulations, that so many people are buying RVs. The RV market has basically dried up unless you are able to purchase new. I also think that this is the reason why so many RV Parks and Campgrounds are packed. With nowhere to travel by plane, train, and cruise ships, possibly millions of people are seeking other means. Traveling long distances in one's car is tiring and costly. So, the next best thing is an RV. For those of us that don't feature spending overnight in a Walmart or Rest Stop an RV park or campground is a necessity. As such I am seriously reconsidering any purchase now or in the near future. [emoticon]

PanryJeremy

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/20 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I lived in Florida, I did have some problems with camping.

Pirate

Northeast Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/20 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Floridastorm wrote:

I've been considering purchasing a motor home for quite some time. As of late I notice that there are very few reasonably priced used MHs available out there. My understanding is that due to the virus hysteria and panic, along with most means of transportation either curtailed or requiring draconian regulations, that so many people are buying RVs. The RV market has basically dried up unless you are able to purchase new. I also think that this is the reason why so many RV Parks and Campgrounds are packed. With nowhere to travel by plane, train, and cruise ships, possibly millions of people are seeking other means. Traveling long distances in one's car is tiring and costly. So, the next best thing is an RV. For those of us that don't feature spending overnight in a Walmart or Rest Stop an RV park or campground is a necessity. As such I am seriously reconsidering any purchase now or in the near future. [emoticon]
My feelings exactly. I thought it was semi-tough pre-covid to get good spots it must be insane now trying to get in somewhere. I suspect many great RV deals in the near future. In the mean time, plenty of FR-3's and Ace's for sale lol.

* This post was edited 10/13/20 04:29pm by Pirate *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Are the campgrounds full in your area?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.