RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Replacement Dometic 300 series toilet water valve

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Replacement Dometic 300 series toilet water valve

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
mcewena

Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/14/20 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My year old toilet seems to be leaking from the valve, there are a few replacement kits out there, some from Dometic some from other companies that claim to be "improved" (such as the one below).

Any experience out there?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B084HN12PS/?col........3OOMZYGGO1LAX&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

guidry

Texas Cajun

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/14/20 02:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Easy to replace, YouTube is our friend.

mcewena

Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/14/20 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I wasn't asking *how* to do it, I was asking if the after market brands such as the one in the link I provided were actually "improved" over the original as they claim?

Clearly given the first one was just over a year old when it failed it's got some room for improvement.

ernie1

Sacramento,California,USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/15/20 11:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am not of any help for your question but wanted to say I feel your pain in that I had the same problem and almost flooded the entire rv when the valve wouldn't shutoff and continued to fill the toilet bowl. Dometic replaced mine under warranty and I replaced it myself. After doing this I cut the old one apart to see what made it tick. Well what I saw made me wonder how any company would dare provide such **** to the public. I'd almost think any other source for this valve must be an improvement.

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/20 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought a new Mallard in '88, A new Itasca in '01, and another Itasca in '15. The 2015 Itasca toilet both the seal and fill valve have gone bad, the other 2 MH toilets never went bad. There are no parts available for the leaking toilet.

mcewena

Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/20 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've got to take part of the blame for this one. I was assured by several people that the dometic 300 was a plug and play replacement for my unit but the supply line faces the rear as opposed to the side like the old one and even with the shallowest elbow I could find it still tweaks the valve assembly on a rear bulkhead when in use. I thought I shaved enough off the bulkhead but apparently not. More exacto knife required.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Replacement Dometic 300 series toilet water valve
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.