|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Class C Pros and Cons

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
lhenry8113

Cypress or Lake Arrowhead, Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/15/20 06:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought a slightly used Class C, 2 years ago-from the original selling Dlr. 2017 Forester LE in 2018 with 6500 miles on it-Chevy 450 chassis with V8 gas engine. They gave us paperwork showing everything they had repaired/replaced before selling to us. Also, was still under Factory warranties as well as Dlr. warranty. Being newish/used they had a high asking price. Offered them about 30% off asking-we settled at about 25% off asking. 2 years later and about 6000 additional miles-no problems with the Rv. or chassis/motor/etc. Previously, we have owned 2 fifth wheels(Arctic Fox)-the Class C is so much easier to operate, to set up and now my wife will drive.

2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE
Mustang Hollow Campground, Mathis, TX. Corpus Christi-Lake Corpus Christi

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

whemme

Spencer, IA

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/20 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

surgtech56 wrote:

We have been thinking about getting a Class C vs another TT. Here in Michigan Insurance is around $300-$400 a month for a Class C. One of us thinks a Class C is the one to go and I think a Class C might be more of a headache. We would be buying used, probably in the $40K price point(there abouts). Not sure if we want to tow a vehicle.

Those of you with a Class C can you give me some pros and cons, any information.

I know this is pretty vague, but trying to figure out if this is the way to go. Thank you in advance

I have a 2002 Born Free 26’ Class-C that I insure with Progressive. I live in Iowa and my policy is $500,000 combined limit liability with $100 reducible collision and comprehensive coverage. My policy renewed this year for $507. That is for a full year’s coverage - not just a month!

2002 Born Free 26' RSB Motorcoach
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS Toad

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/20 07:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

depends on your use just short 500 mile trips we love out sprinter based class C show me a ford,chevy ,dodge that will get 16mpg and has more leg room than any of them.

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/20 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have had a TT you probably have a truck to pull a TT. RV'ers average some 5000 miles per year so a motorhome spends most of it's life parked in a drive way or in a storage yard, same for a TT but your truck can be used for transportation and other uses. A Class C without a towed trailer or car is more maneuverable. We use our Class C for going to local events like airshows and day trips to local parks with our dogs. A class B , like a Road Trek can be used by a couple for camping and touring as well as for commuting. Class A's are similar to Class C's but may have less sleeping space for the same length. Class A's are popular with older couples having somewhat smoother ride. A lot depends on how you often and how you are going to use an RV and just plain what appeals to you.

jimbo4UT

Stafford Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/20 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Insurance amount is really high, my 90000.00 class c 2021 insurance is 130.00 a month and that is full timer insurance thru progressive. Part timer insurance is less.

Jimbo

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Class C Pros and Cons
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.