RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs: Food!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
PartyOf Five

Wheaton, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/20 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take a day off and fast. It's not too hard and great for the body's health. You're sure to appreciate the food options more, and the fact that we even have food options.
If that's not possible, try having a handful of nuts or a fruit to satiate your hunger- you'll be surprised how little you need to get by, and you'll be sure to eat whatever you're rolling past at the next meal.

PartyOf5: Us 2 & 3 pre-teens trying to connect, learn, appreciate creation & the Creator. 5 yrs, 50k

May you find Peace in all that you endeavor

Trekkar

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/20 11:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scottiemom wrote:

Perhaps your wife is not "into" cooking this trip, but how about you? I know several men who cook and do a darn good job. Get a cookbook and find something good. I guarantee your wife will be thrilled!

Dale

X2.
Part of the fun of an RV is trying different foods. Local grocery stores, farmers markets, etc. are great ways to try local and/or ethnic new favorites. You can probably find any recipe you want might want on the internet. Eat out? Doesn't that mean put the chairs outside? [emoticon]

2001 RoadTrek 190

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/20 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scottiemom wrote:

Perhaps your wife is not "into" cooking this trip, but how about you? I know several men who cook and do a darn good job. Get a cookbook and find something good. I guarantee your wife will be thrilled!

Dale

I'm not physically able to stand for long and so on. I like to cook and. At home I would cook have the pots and pans cleaned and put away, food on the table with just the dishes and bowls to stick in the dishwasher in no time. I liked to make breads and rolls cakes etc and BBQ my own receipts for sauce and Mesquite smoked.

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/20 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

Maybe it's time to go vegan? [emoticon]

Yup. Great idea. Now, let me count the number of vegan restaurants within 50 miles of me. Hmmmmm, if I'm adding correctly, it would be exactly NONE! [emoticon]

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

Diamond c

West ky

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/20 06:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last weekend I made whiskey,peach,bar- quad chicken thighs. Dang that was good. This weekend I’m planning on beef stroganoff. And about once a month I make tater tot casserole. All of here I have found on the web.

Reader1

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/20 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This time of year I like to make chili or stuffed pepper soup to take with us. I put it in containers that I can heat and serve with maybe a grilled cheese sandwich or salad. Easy and done.

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/20 07:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are actually lots of great ready made meals in the stores now. Costco has a Korean Beef that we love, we just have to made some rice. There are some great fresh ravioli that just takes a jar of marinara sauce and some garlic bread. Sam's has my favorite frozen pre-cooked wings, a bag of coleslaw and it is a good meal. Costco General or orange chicken with a carton of fried rice is another easy meal. Well, you get the idea.

For desserts, mug cakes are good and super easy. I also like baking the Krusteaz triple chocolate cookies.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Trekkar

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/20 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

Scottiemom wrote:

Dale

I'm not physically able to stand for long and so on. I like to cook and. At home I would cook have the pots and pans cleaned and put away, food on the table with just the dishes and bowls to stick in the dishwasher in no time. I liked to make breads and rolls cakes etc and BBQ my own receipts for sauce and Mesquite smoked.

I prefer to cook outside when I can. You can put a camp stove, small oven, crock pot, etc. on a chair-high table and do more from a seated position. Too much available to eat much fast food.

Robert Clark

United State

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We often spent a lot of time on roads so almost the food we work by ourself and I love this. I bought a Camp Chef to make an outdoor kitchen on my lanai. It is perfect! It lights every time. I can fit 2 full-sized skillets on the burners (bacon and eggs for the family) and I have used the far to bake a cake, cinnamon rolls, and meatloaf…it keeps me from heating up my house in the summer. I absolutely love it.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/20 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

Maybe it's time to go vegan? [emoticon]

I’m a ‘second hand vegan’ ........

Cows eat plants, I eat cows.

The plants are purified as they pass through the cows, that makes them even safer .......

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.