RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: We are Drowning in our...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> We are Drowning in our...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/20 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For a long time I have noticed the reduction or elimination of trash receptacles at the enormously multiplying fast food places, convenience stores with and without pumps and fuel stations. People it seems go on the road to eat junk food.
I can ony hazard a guess but perhaps 95% of the trash on the roads is from the kids and adults in the car throwing sacks, wrappers, cups, bottles straws and napkins, and uneaten food out the window! I noticed in Az when we stopped for fuel people were unloading the accumulated, and quite a lot, of fast food garbage into the one or to already over filled trash cans. One thing that ill help with the slob contribution to roadway trash and campgrounds and national and state parks is more and larger trash receptacles, plus more signage, especially near or at fast food places, with the fines for littering and...rewards for turning in litterers, with a photo. The ubiquitous cameras on cell phones, these days along with a promise of 50% of the or littering fine would help a lot. We have a program in Tn that pays a reward for tuning in litters at streams and I suppose on roadways but no one takes advantage of it.
I saw a Mary K pink Caddillac at Center Hill, and the couple threw all their garbage right on the launch ramp and left several years ago.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> We are Drowning in our...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.