|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Battle Born Lithium

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/20 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Itinerant1 has a magnificent system, one that any rv'er would be proud to own and use. All the "electrics" are from one company which ensures that they will "play well together".

For personal reasons, I would have gone Victron, or Outback instead of Magnum.

For technical reasons I would have moved to 48 volts for the battery storage.

There are 48 volt DC air conditioners.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Itinerant1

Itinerant

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/20 09:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you Pianotuna it has been a set it and forget it system so far with only one little hickup last Nov after 3+ years. Easy fix.

With so many folks now going 24v or 48v the bugs and homework is now out there fairly easy to find to see what is needed.

12v 500ah (5,120Wh usable) , 20 cells_ 4s5p (GBS LFMP battery system). 8 CTI 160 watt panels (1,280 watts) 2s4p. Panels mounted flat on the roof. Magnum PT100 controller, Magnum 3012 hybrid inverter, ME-ARC 50. Installed 4/2016 been on 24/7/365

obiwancanoli

Napa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/24/20 10:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Hard to find anything about that.. link?

No link... it's not on the site... the tech who assisted me with my purchase was quite affable, and easy to engage in the "What's New?" approach... so, he told me what they were working on...

obiwancanoli

Napa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/20 10:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

Hopefully it’s dimensions will fit my TT tongue. 250 AHs with 200 + or - usable is more than enough for our needs

LiFeBlue Lithium's measure 19 1/16" X 6 5/8" X 9 1/2"...

Go Power's 250 Ah measures 20.5" X 9.5" X 8.8"...

Others are likely similar in size...

obiwancanoli

Napa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/20 08:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Given that the typical Lithium battery can't be recharged below 32F, I did some digging around and found this

Has adhesive so it sticks to whatever you put it on; On/Off switch you turn/switch on when it nears freezing, and it has a thermostat that, when powered up, comes on at 45F, and shuts off at 68F.

It looks as if a couple of pads, wrapped around the sides of the batteries, would do the trick...

These were initially designed to adhere to fresh water tanks of 50 gallons, with more pads for larger tanks...

These days, however, I'm not sure if mine rig, or any others out there, already have a system where pipes and tanks were kept warm enough using the RV's power so you wouldn't have to be concerned about pipes, etc. freezing...

Thoughts?

* This post was last edited 10/01/20 07:47am by obiwancanoli *   View edit history

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/20 10:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michael,

Your link is not working--there is no url.

There are a few truly 4 season RV's out there.

For example, my 1987 Citation Supreme had a full heated basement.

You may wish to look at "Thermo Cubes" which are a temperature controlled switch.

https://www.briskheat.com/thermo-cube-te........ByD-h32AOfNpx7PRn1Fk3iYeoixoC43gQAvD_BwE (scroll down)

Also look at the winter camping thread in the full timers forum.

Itinerant1

Itinerant

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/20 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As Pianotuna mentioned if you have a heated basement and you mount the batteries there you'll probably be ok.

My lfp's are in the front compartment that I added foam insulation cut to fit everywhere between the frame structure on the walls, insulated as best as possible. I did tap into the heat duct run but it's closed right now. Right now outside temp is 24f, compartment temp is 48f and individual cell temps 45-46f. This is the normal I've seen at these temps over the past years.

If you add the 12v heat pad make sure you have it tapped into a source that sees the consumption it's using or you'll get a false SOC.

obiwancanoli

Napa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/20 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Linky Fixed

Itinerant1

Itinerant

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/20 08:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also, I wouldn't stick directly to batteries, if it had to be replaced in the future it might leave a mess behind.

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/20 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a unused 4” knockout port on my furnace plenum, so I just added a 4” duct with a manual butterfly control valve to drop down into the basement - at the time my goal was primarily to keep the water tanks and dump valves from freezing shut...

3 tons

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Battle Born Lithium
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.