|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Roadside Assistance Programs

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/20 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seon wrote:

I have AAA but I read, AAA is not available in all the states(?).

I had AAA for many years, when I inquired about RV coverage they said it is not available here in PA. AAA has numerous auto clubs and they each have their own rules. I dropped them and went with Coach Net till they jacked up the rates.

8ntw8tn

Southeast Iowa & Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 10:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pulpwood007 wrote:

8ntw8tn wrote:

I've had Coach-Net since 2010. I've used them twice to tow the truck/rv combo and once to tow the truck only. In addition, they've come out to replace a blown tire, or one that was about to, 3 times. All it has cost me was my annual premium and the cost necessary to replace the damaged tires. Each time the service guys were quite capable and did things properly. I just don't have anything but good things to say about the service I've received from them; it's been well worth the cost of the premiums. Hope this helps.

My research show comments of folks that have recently had bad results with Coach-Net being responsive or not paying the claim. Who knows......could just be their unusual situation. Apparently the company sold a few years ago, and not operating in the same manner.

It's just that I don't get any better overall opinions for the other companies out there.

I'd heard that, too. All I can relate is my experience. My last service request was earlier this summer. I wasn't towing and was close to home when a coupler in my truck transmission line failed and I lost nearly 6 quarts of fluid immediately. I called Coach-Net and they sent out a tow truck and delivered my vehicle to the shop of my choice. As they normally do, the service rep called to make sure the tow truck had arrived and all was well. It was then she informed me that I had the basic coverage and it wasn't supposed to cover my truck unless I was towing. But since she'd discovered it so late in the incident they were going to cover the fees completely; and they did. I decided on my own a couple days later to upgrade my subscription to the premium level. Others may have had a lesser experience, and it's certainly possible that I may in the future. But, so far, I just can't complain about the service I've received from them. Hope this helps.

'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

dryfly

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/20 12:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8ntw8tn wrote:

pulpwood007 wrote:

8ntw8tn wrote:

I've had Coach-Net since 2010. I've used them twice to tow the truck/rv combo and once to tow the truck only. In addition, they've come out to replace a blown tire, or one that was about to, 3 times. All it has cost me was my annual premium and the cost necessary to replace the damaged tires. Each time the service guys were quite capable and did things properly. I just don't have anything but good things to say about the service I've received from them; it's been well worth the cost of the premiums. Hope this helps.

My research show comments of folks that have recently had bad results with Coach-Net being responsive or not paying the claim. Who knows......could just be their unusual situation. Apparently the company sold a few years ago, and not operating in the same manner.

It's just that I don't get any better overall opinions for the other companies out there.

I'd heard that, too. All I can relate is my experience. My last service request was earlier this summer. I wasn't towing and was close to home when a coupler in my truck transmission line failed and I lost nearly 6 quarts of fluid immediately. I called Coach-Net and they sent out a tow truck and delivered my vehicle to the shop of my choice. As they normally do, the service rep called to make sure the tow truck had arrived and all was well. It was then she informed me that I had the basic coverage and it wasn't supposed to cover my truck unless I was towing. But since she'd discovered it so late in the incident they were going to cover the fees completely; and they did. I decided on my own a couple days later to upgrade my subscription to the premium level. Others may have had a lesser experience, and it's certainly possible that I may in the future. But, so far, I just can't complain about the service I've received from them. Hope this helps.

On the website all they are showing for towables is the Premium package that covers all vehicles, even those that you do not own. Since I did not renew in May, they consider me a new customer and the upcharge is $40 over what it would have been in May. Not a big deal but shows how they value a 10 year customer.

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/21/20 05:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dryfly wrote:

8ntw8tn wrote:

pulpwood007 wrote:

8ntw8tn wrote:

On the website all they are showing for towables is the Premium package that covers all vehicles, even those that you do not own. Since I did not renew in May, they consider me a new customer and the upcharge is $40 over what it would have been in May. Not a big deal but shows how they value a 10 year customer.

i get it but try asking.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Roadside Assistance Programs
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.