RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Park models

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Park models

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
NJRVer

NJ

Senior Member

Joined: 05/16/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/21/20 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wvabeer wrote:

This is similar to what I've been looking for.Park model These don't have holding tanks. At least most don't.



That is also what I think of when someone says "Park Model".
That description says it has holding tanks.

I think they have been re-named in the last dozens years. I remember looking at floor plans when first looking for at RV's back in 2009.
I saw a Park Model floor plan that looked perfect. Then when we went to look at it, I said, I ain't haulin' that behemoth around from campground to campground.
Salesman says You buy this and put it in place and leave it.

samsontdog

Oregon, Wash Coast summer, Yuma Az winter

Senior Member

Joined: 08/06/2002

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 09/21/20 11:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had many Park Models in the 20 yrs that I have been in the rental business and I have only owned one Park Model that had a slide out. Actually it had 2 slide outs. It was a older model. All my Park Models are 400 sf


samsontdog">">

TechWriter

On The Road

Senior Member

Joined: 12/22/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/22/20 12:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NJRVer wrote:

TechWriter wrote:

NJRVer wrote:

I always thought Park Models were generally bigger than a TT and also a lot heavier. They aren't meant to be moved from campground to campground. Hence the name "Park(it) Model".
Kind of like a small mobile home.


This is my idea of a park model.



Wow! Lake Havasu City sure has changed since I was first there back in the '70's when the London Bridge first opened.


One word: Californians.


2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP
Full Timer since May 2013
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Bumpyroad

Virginia

Senior Member

Joined: 12/01/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/22/20 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TechWriter wrote:

NJRVer wrote:

TechWriter wrote:

NJRVer wrote:

I always thought Park Models were generally bigger than a TT and also a lot heavier. They aren't meant to be moved from campground to campground. Hence the name "Park(it) Model".
Kind of like a small mobile home.


This is my idea of a park model.



Wow! Lake Havasu City sure has changed since I was first there back in the '70's when the London Bridge first opened.


One word: Californians.


back then Hughes?? would fly you out and show you around the development. not that crowded at the time. a lady in my car pool took them up on the flight/visit but didn't buy. to get the flight you had to give them a check, payable to both you and to Hughes?? which was returned if you didn't buy. I checked zillow the other day and got about 1000 hits, most park models.
bumpy





IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

Senior Member

Joined: 12/12/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/22/20 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:



back then Hughes?? would fly you out and show you around the development. not that crowded at the time. a lady in my car pool took them up on the flight/visit but didn't buy. to get the flight you had to give them a check, payable to both you and to Hughes?? which was returned if you didn't buy. I checked zillow the other day and got about 1000 hits, most park models.
bumpy


It was Robert McCulloch,the chain saw maker,that founded Lake Havasu City that did that.I was a shill on a lot of flights along with a few friends.

You gave them a check for $500 and they gave it back when we got back.

Got a $50 kick back for a free flight and an afternoon at the lake.

" Between 1964 and 1978, 2,702 flights brought 137,000 potential land buyers to Lake Havasu City in a huge sales push that targeted mainly people from colder climates."

* This post was last edited 09/22/20 01:35pm by IAMICHABOD *   View edit history


2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C


pammi

Port Allen, LA

Senior Member

Joined: 04/04/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/23/20 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a Park Model, it has slides, an RV plug in and holding tanks. There are also Park Models that have a peaked roof and require a separate electric install, direct connect to sewer, not sure about slides. We bought our Keystone Retreat because it is what we found close to us. It is parked next to our house for MIL to live in. Where we leave we can do this. I didn't want to go the separate utility route. We are happy with it. I would have liked to see more variety but down here they aren't easily found.


2004 Rockwood Roo 23B (new to us in April, 2007)
2006 Nissan Xterra

When we camp, it's DH & me mostly. ">


bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

Senior Member

Joined: 11/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/24/20 02:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pammi wrote:

We have a Park Model, it has slides, an RV plug in and holding tanks. There are also Park Models that have a peaked roof and require a separate electric install, direct connect to sewer, not sure about slides. We bought our Keystone Retreat because it is what we found close to us. It is parked next to our house for MIL to live in. Where we leave we can do this. I didn't want to go the separate utility route. We are happy with it. I would have liked to see more variety but down here they aren't easily found.


I'm sorry but even the manufacturer, Keystone, calls the Retreat a "destination" trailer, NOT a park model. As has been said, destination trailers do have slides and holding tanks.

Keystone Retreat Destination Trailers


Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Park models
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.