|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Water pump psi

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Trailerlivin777

Usa

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all!

New here. My water pump died (it was an old sureflo) my dad has a brand new freshwater diaphragm water pump but it’s rated for 160PSI. (Which is obviously too high)
I do have a brand new water pressure regulator still in the box...

My question is:
Can I hook up his 160psi water pump and use my pressure regulator to dial it in to 40psi? Or do I HAVE to buy a new water pump?

Funds are tight these days.

Thanks!!

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/20 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is the amperage draw on that 160 psi pump and is it 12V. And can that diaphragm pump deal with a cut off head, meaning it is pumping against a closed valve. Positive displacement pumps can have problems in that case.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Trailerlivin777

Usa

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

What is the amperage draw on that 160 psi pump and is it 12V. And can that diaphragm pump deal with a cut off head, meaning it is pumping against a closed valve. Positive displacement pumps can have problems in that case.

Amperage draw is 0.8-1.5 it’s actually a 120v (I’m stationary I don’t travel at all with this trailer and regularly use a power pole next to my trailer)

I’m not sure about the other questions you asked (he bought it a few months ago for another project) I looked it up on amazon here’s the link to the exact one he has. I just need running water again until I have the money to spare on a new one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07B4XYX1L/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A1A4WAEGJNR9ED&psc=1

corvettekent

Marysville, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/20 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does your old water pump still run but does not pump water? If so it's an easy fix with this new pump head.

2007.5 GMC Dually EC/LB, LMM. Banks IQ, Speed Brake, Six Gun. B&W Turnover Ball, Companion Hitch, Amp power steps. Hadley Air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT and four 6 volt batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/20 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The rated flow is 1.8 gpm vs the 3 gpm of the Sureflow pump that I have. So water flow will be low, you might have a problem with your shower flow. That sureflow is a diaphram pump too but it has a built in bypass. That pump you have seems to be designed as a sprayer pump

It may work try piping it up outside the RV to the regulator and see if it works. If you are on city water do you even need a water pump?

Trailerlivin777

Usa

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

corvettekent wrote:

Does your old water pump still run but does not pump water? If so it's an easy fix with ***Link Removed*** new pump head.

Pressure sure it’s completely fried or something (it was really old) it makes no noise or click or any signs of life at all.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I,d put the org set up back in, things could happen .

Trailerlivin777

Usa

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

The rated flow is 1.8 gpm vs the 3 gpm of the Sureflow pump that I have. So water flow will be low, you might have a problem with your shower flow. That sureflow is a diaphram pump too but it has a built in bypass. That pump you have seems to be designed as a sprayer pump, notice that it is not in the automotive area of amazon where the RV equipment is found.

It may work try piping it up outside the RV to the regulator and see if it works. If you are on city water do you even need a water pump?

My shower head is rated at 1.5gpm low flow if that helps.
No I have a rain/snow catchment system that runs to IBC water totes. I’m several hundred yards from my dads house I’ve got 12v solar that use for anything low power draw. And I have a 100A power pole that my dad had to run custom for me a while back.

Ok I’ll give that a try

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/20 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree that the flow rate seems very low. I don't think I would use it but would get one like the one you already have.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

Trailerlivin777

Usa

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarneyS wrote:

I agree that the flow rate seems very low. I don't think I would use it but would get one like the one you already have.
Barney

Right and I understand this. But as I stated in my OP money is tight and I won’t have money to buy a new one for at least 2 weeks when my next check comes and I don’t currently have running water.

My shower head now runs at 1.5gpm max anyway.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Water pump psi
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.