RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: NuCamp Avia- what others compare overall?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> NuCamp Avia- what others compare overall?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Stclairm

Fuquay-Varina, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/20 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and I have realized again, that a small trailer isn't for us. We've already been out for 8 trips since we bought our Vintage cruiser 17RWD since February. We think that confirms that we really enjoy camping again. It seems to me that pretty much every trailer I"ve looked at under say $30k, are all made with the same products and shoddy workmanship. Ours started leaking after 5 months while at Campers Inn addressing a couple of minor concerns. (And we store it indoors) Now we begin the who knows how long wait for Gulfstream to "approve" the minor leak staining repair.
We realize that we want a quality built trailer with somewhere to sit other than a dinette. Other than all the other obvious differences, this Nucamp Avia has a power reclining bed. It looks to be one heckuva trailer, but $44,000 is real money in our book. I've watched videos and read reviews until my head spins and this one stands out, but I feel like there have to be a few comparables. Lance is supposedly one, but I've read since they've been bought out, their workmanship has dropped dramatically. I do like the 2375.
We're ready to buy a truck and are looking at trailers under 6000 UVW. I prefer a radiused roof, radius windows, as much aluminum framing as possible, flexible seating, full front fiberglass endcap that extends past the edges. Any ideas appreciated!!!

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Find a used SunnyBrook. They have everything you want...and are built very well.

Old Days

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went from a truck camper to a Outdoors RV 18rbs, it is the smallest camper they make. It is heavy with dry weight at 5400 pounds but has all the nice things you want, plus a 80 gallon water tank.

Lwiddis

Camping near Pearsonville, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/20 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Nucamp Avia website only showed one floor plan and it has a dinette with no sofa. Correct?

Yes, Old Days, with a solar system, water is the limiting factor for boondocking. I have almost 50. Wish it was 80.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 10:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nucamp's prices have shot up drastically . So much so that they are now cutting corners on their products. As an example they at one time put a 12/120 volt Cooler/Freezer in one of theirs campers and now it has been replaced with the Yeti ice chest. The powered cooler was value at about $800 and the Yeti at $250. Did the customer benefit? No they increased the price of the trailer tremendously. Plus almost no warranty work needed on an ice chest.

Stclairm

Fuquay-Varina, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/20 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So, we are not boondockers. We really only go FHU. We would also consider toyhauler as I've seen some with nice looking recliner type chairs in them. We just don't want another east/west or corner bed as they truly suck to make and one of you is climbing over the other. A full size mattress is fine, but most walk arounds are queens, even kings, which we find is nuts. Gelcoat/fiberglass exterior is pretty much a must for us too. We store it indoors. Thanks for the recommendations and opinions too.

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The prices on all trailers appears to be ridiculously high right now. Water leaks can happen on even the most expensive units. You can pick a more reasonably priced unit and do some preventive maintenance right after purchase. I found many potential leaks on my trailer when purchased new, and spent a couple afternoons and $100 to prevent them. It's been outdoors for over 16 years with no leaks.

Grand Design is no longer considered to be above the rest, but they do have some clever designs that really makes great use out of available interior.
Their Imagine XLS 22RBE is almost as perfect a floorplan as I could "imagine" in a shorter, fairly light weight trailer. Full size walk around queen, large bathroom, lots of counter space and storage in the kitchen. Very clever layout in my personal opinion.

Outdoors RV has a couple smaller models that are very comfy inside and are considered to be well made. If nothing else, they are stout.

2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Airstream 25 ft has twin beds and nice seating area. New for you sounds out of question but clean well cared for used could be possible.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/20 07:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMO nows the wrong time to buy. Yes you may get a good deal but chances are probably not. Driving by some dealer lots lately it's fair to say that demand has out paced supply. Not that it's not worth trying for a deal right now but I bet it's going to be hard to get a decent discount. I'd wait till next year to see if things cool off.

Stclairm

Fuquay-Varina, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/22/20 06:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yea, we may wait until spring. Looking for a truck now. Good Lord, that's a whole nother ball of wax of opinions. I've been a new car dealership service advisor for 22 years. If there's one thing I know, every single one of them have issues. It's a matter of what kind of issues you can put up with. I drove a loaner Chevy 1500 Z71 and couldn't believe how bouncy the front end was. A year ago, I test drove a 2019 F150 crew cab 4x4 3.5 EB and couldn't believe the body shudder and crazy upshifting 10 speed. We had a 2014 and 2013 F150 crew 4x4 3.5 EB and those trucks were far better to drive. I think we're going to go test drive the 2020 Ram 1500 and the old bodystyle 1500 Express Warlock.
I'm still trying to find something that is comparable to the Nucamp for less money. Ideally, we would like to have chairs and a dinette, but this one really impresses.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> NuCamp Avia- what others compare overall?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.