RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: NuCamp Avia- what others compare overall?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> NuCamp Avia- what others compare overall?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/20 10:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've walked through a few of the small Nucamp trailers and they are nice. Higher quality finishes compared to the norm. Like mentioned a used Airstream would be a good choice.

Stclairm

Fuquay-Varina, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/25/20 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the other ones I've found that looks to be one of the best around under $30K is the Keystone Premier 26UPDR. Check it out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge-GYGfRH2A&t=617s

* This post was edited 10/01/20 08:01pm by Stclairm *

Stclairm

Fuquay-Varina, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/20 08:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wish Intech would make a larger version of the Sol. Quite impressed with the quality of those trailers.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/20 01:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stclairm wrote:

Yea, we may wait until spring. Looking for a truck now. Good Lord, that's a whole nother ball of wax of opinions. I've been a new car dealership service advisor for 22 years. If there's one thing I know, every single one of them have issues. It's a matter of what kind of issues you can put up with. I drove a loaner Chevy 1500 Z71 and couldn't believe how bouncy the front end was. A year ago, I test drove a 2019 F150 crew cab 4x4 3.5 EB and couldn't believe the body shudder and crazy upshifting 10 speed. We had a 2014 and 2013 F150 crew 4x4 3.5 EB and those trucks were far better to drive. I think we're going to go test drive the 2020 Ram 1500 and the old bodystyle 1500 Express Warlock.
I'm still trying to find something that is comparable to the Nucamp for less money. Ideally, we would like to have chairs and a dinette, but this one really impresses.
Best time to purchase a camper is when demand is low in the dead of winter. Spring is when everyone wants one and dealers are less likely to cut a deal.
Same with vehicles if you can purchase between Christmas and New years they will often even go into dealer hold back to move the unit so they don't have to pay taxes on it.

Stclairm

Fuquay-Varina, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/02/20 04:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Only problem is we have to sell our TT before we purchase. I think demand will still remain strong as this virus isn't going away quickly and buying has outpaced production.
Besides their frame, what makes the Artic Fox that much higher quality than say an Apex Ultra lite or Keystone Premier? They are a few hundred pounds heavier or more heavier than comparable units from Apex and Keystone from what I've been reading.

* This post was edited 10/02/20 09:36am by Stclairm *

Stclairm

Fuquay-Varina, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/02/20 06:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was looking at Northwoods Man. Artic Fox's and Nash's. I like the arched roofs and they tout their frames as being great. Problem is, they are all in the 40's and use much of the exact same things inside as TT's in the $25-30k range, like appliances, TV's, shower stalls, sinks, etc. They do appear to have better cabinetry, which I hope the heck so for $45k. There has to be more to it than that. Maybe the holding tanks are way bigger, which is of no importance to us. Those trailers are all in the Pacific NW, so we won't be going there anytime soon, just hear so much about them.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> NuCamp Avia- what others compare overall?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.