|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Foam Mattress Topper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/20 08:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like a lot of things, mattress toppers are only opposed as a bad idea by people that have never used a good one.

Mine is on a Murphy bed, so it can move around a little Big deal. It is exceedingly comfortable.

* This post was edited 09/24/20 09:19am by ppine *

Whiskey River

Pittsburgh, Pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/24/20 05:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK thanks all for the info...
I'm going to get one, now I just have to decide what thickness and if I should get the RV King size.

Powertour

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/20 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whiskey River wrote:

Looking for information on RV foam mattress toppers.
Do they need adjusted or re positioned every couple of days. Do the straps that hold the topper to the mattress keep it in place. Do you have the 2", 3", or 4" thickness. In your opinion do they work or are worthless and not worth the money.
I have the RV King mattress. I think they are an inch or 2 different than a standard King mattress.
Thoughts???

We have one on ours but it wasn't cutting the mustard so we ended up going to a local foam store, looked/felt various density and combos of foam and eventually had them build us a custom topper that actually worked (density we wanted & was cut to the exact dimensions of our bed). It wasn't cheap but not having the mrs be fussy after every night in the RV bed is/was $$ WELL spent.

Wife did have to fashion some straps to hold the waterproof mattress cover in place as the added height of things after the added foam was causing everything to 'top off' by morning.

2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10

SpeakEasy

Western New York

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/20 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whiskey River wrote:

OK thanks all for the info...
I'm going to get one, now I just have to decide what thickness and if I should get the RV King size.

A recommendation: Go to Bed Bath and Beyond. Buy the lowest-price one, bring it home and try it out. If it doesn't feel good enough, bring it back and return it (Yes - they will let you do that!) and buy the next most expensive one. Repeat if necessary. When I bought mine they had three price-points, and I ended up with the middle-priced one. Love it. Would never go without one now.

-Speak

It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Foam Mattress Topper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.