|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Looking for next travel trailer

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
StephenandRobbin

St. Louis Mo USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/20 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been eyeing the Winnebago. The 2021 model doesn't have the oven, but I like it otherwise.
I'll take a look at the Rockwood Mini also.
Thanks for the info guys

Stephen
Robbin

Tin-bender

Southern Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/24/20 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll chime in for the Rockwood Mini Lite as well. We have a 2019, 2507s, look into it I think it will be every thing your looking for though a little heavier.

StephenandRobbin

St. Louis Mo USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/20 08:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What kind of price can one expect to pay for the Rockwood Mini Lite?

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 09/25/20 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Rockwood mini 2504S is the trailer I have been looking for. It does everything well. It is beautiful. This year I have been mostly sleeping in it in the backyard. I paid 13,500 for a 2013 model.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/20 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StephenandRobbin wrote:

What kind of price can one expect to pay for the Rockwood Mini Lite?

My 2018 2109S was $16,500 - it was like brand new. For a small TT, it feels immense inside and has lots of thoughtful touches. I haven't used it yet, (we tend to camp with our kids/grandkids who also have RV's) but OUR trailer allows us to put the TV outdoors, up under the awning, so if we had a rainy day, we could always offer a movie matinee for the whole gaggle of kids :-)

oklatraveler

Oklahoma City

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/26/20 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BurbMan wrote:

It's getting hard to find ovens, mfrs claim nobody uses them anymore. Maybe so but we love ours! Nothing like smelling a roast cook all day when the Fall air is crisp! Or brownies baking....mmmm....

Tell us how you bake the brownies in that RV oven? I used it to make canned biscuits and it burned them on the bottom but not very brown on top. Whats the secret?

snowedin

Poverty Flats, MT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/27/20 12:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might look at the Lance travel trailers as they are fairly light weight but don't know if they have a Murphy bed. Another option might be the Flagstaff 21DS or Rockwood 2104S (nearly identical Forest River products). The Rockwood/Flagstaff has the ducted AC which much quieter than the AC just blowing directly out of the AC unit in the ceiling and
also have the Torflex suspension systems which eliminate a lot of maintenance and offer better ride.

Passin' Through

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/28/20 08:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Tell us how you bake the brownies in that RV oven? I used it to make canned biscuits and it burned them on the bottom but not very brown on top. Whats the secret?"

Oklatraveler, get yourself a pizza stone or a piece of unglazed tile and put it in the oven on the rack just above the burner. It will act as a heat diffuser and minimize the burning of the biscuit bottoms.

I found a porcelainized metal drip pan at a thrift shop and use it instead of a tile. Works just fine, much lighter than a tile, and won't break (as the tile did). Bake the biscuits at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes or so. Then break out the butter and the Boysenberry jam and I'll be right over![emoticon]

Didn't intend to hijack the thread - but if I can get some biscuits out of the deal........... .

2008 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax 4x4 CCSB; Superglide 16k hitch w/3" lift kit; Titan 52-gallon replacement fuel tank ">
2007 HitchHiker II LS 26.5RLBG Mor/Ryde pinbox">

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Looking for next travel trailer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.