|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> 6 Volt Interstate batteries

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/20 10:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CavemanCharlie wrote:

My first set lasted about 5 years.... I still them under the bench in the shop. I top them off once and awhile. It's just that they would run down a bit quicker and not keep their Voltage up for quite as long as when they were new. (Actually, I'm not sure what to do with them. They are to good to throw away)

If you were not on the other side of the country I would be interested in so-so batts.

I'm in GA now, anyone need to get rid of some 1/2 usd batts? I am building a backup system at home and need batts. I currently have starting batts that I also do not know what to do with, and have solar panels, so it all really runs on solar... I have a sump pump that is important to be able to run if power goes down, but I do not need mega amp hours, just something as backup... Anyone let me know if you want to trade or whatever..

teejaywhy

Gilbert, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/20 04:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LVJJJ wrote:

Thanks to teejaywhy I have a conundrum. Lined up a couple of Les Schwab GC2 6 volts but I haven't picked them up yet. Looked at Lowe's Deka batteries and they seem to have more power, so hard to find good info on any 6 volt battery. The Deka's are also cheaper at $144 each, I think the Schwab's are $168 each. Can't get the Deka's till Oct 19th, but no hurry right now. Do the GC numbers mean anything. The Schwab is a GC2, the Deka is a GC 15, that better?? What to do?

I don't know anything about the Les Schwab battery, best to compare specs from the manufacturer web page. The main spec to look at is the Amp-Hour rating as measured at a 20 hour rate.

Please note, Lowes website erroneously gives the rating at 448 amps. The Deka GC15 is rated at 230 Amp-Hours.

The Yost Outpost
Gilbert, AZ
2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, Duramax LBZ
2019 Nash 23D

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/20 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I dont think the OP is boondocking. Might look towards a sealed 12v marine hybrid battery. Its a starting battery that can also handle playing the radio and leaving lights on at night.

corvettekent

Marysville, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/20 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I replaced my first pair of 6 volt Interstate batteries after 7 years. I now have four 6 volt Interstate Industrial golf cart batteries. These are the 235 AH batteries and not the same as the Costco Interstate batteries.

Google the Interstate distributor.

2007.5 GMC Dually EC/LB, LMM. Banks IQ, Speed Brake, Six Gun. B&W Turnover Ball, Companion Hitch, Amp power steps. Hadley Air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT and four 6 volt batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/20 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ajriding wrote:

CavemanCharlie wrote:

My first set lasted about 5 years.... I still them under the bench in the shop. I top them off once and awhile. It's just that they would run down a bit quicker and not keep their Voltage up for quite as long as when they were new. (Actually, I'm not sure what to do with them. They are to good to throw away)

If you were not on the other side of the country I would be interested in so-so batts.

I'm in GA now, anyone need to get rid of some 1/2 usd batts? I am building a backup system at home and need batts. I currently have starting batts that I also do not know what to do with, and have solar panels, so it all really runs on solar... I have a sump pump that is important to be able to run if power goes down, but I do not need mega amp hours, just something as backup... Anyone let me know if you want to trade or whatever..

I don't know where St. Clare is but, MN is not on the other side of the country unless you are in Louisiana. Still , it is to far to go for used batteries.

obiwancanoli

Napa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/20 11:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My service tech isn't a fan of Interstate either... he likes the Lifeline AGM's, although he installed 4 Battle Born Lithiums in my rig last week...

LVJJJ

NW WASHINGTON

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/20 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks to teejaywhy bought a couple of Deka GC 15's for the $144 each. They are rated higher than the Les Schwab's I was looking at. After I added water and charged them up, connected them to the TT. Right now we are sleeping in the TT as the new short queen mattress we bought a week ago showed up as a short king size. I had built a bed frame for our park model bedroom so we got rid of our old old mattress expecting the new mattress within a week. Figured we'd sleep in the trailer which has a great mattress. Now it loooks like another week or so. Anyway, I hooked up the 6 volts and turned off the shore power to test out the batteries to see how long they'll last. I've heard its good to run them down a time or two to break them in proper. We'll see.

1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/20 05:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LVJJJ wrote:

Thanks to teejaywhy bought a couple of Deka GC 15's for the $144 each. They are rated higher than the Les Schwab's I was looking at. After I added water and charged them up, connected them to the TT. Right now we are sleeping in the TT as the new short queen mattress we bought a week ago showed up as a short king size. I had built a bed frame for our park model bedroom so we got rid of our old old mattress expecting the new mattress within a week. Figured we'd sleep in the trailer which has a great mattress. Now it loooks like another week or so. Anyway, I hooked up the 6 volts and turned off the shore power to test out the batteries to see how long they'll last. I've heard its good to run them down a time or two to break them in proper. We'll see.

I'm not sure that you are suppose to run them down to break them in. i would start another post to ask about that. It doesn't sound right but, I'm no expert .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> 6 Volt Interstate batteries
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.