|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Winterizing Travel Trailer

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 12:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

milo wrote:

Sorry folks..but the only way to make sure the pump in our 5'er is winterized is to put some antifreeze into the FW tank and suck it thru the pump. Pump has no winterizing kit attached to it and is not accessible to put one on it. So I run it for 10 or 15 seconds to make sure all water is out of it and then add just enough antifreeze to the tank so the pump will pick it up, then drain the remaining out. Also there's no gravity hole to fill FW tank so I have to pump it in with another pump. We have a lever to switch from tank fill or city water usage. Been doing this now for the 7 years we've had it. Come spring I sanitize the tank & system good with bleach and have had no antifreeze foam or after taste.

Milo
Milo, why do you think that the pump isn't getting winterized by sucking the antifreeze out of the jug?

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

milo

4 Corners

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/20 07:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Milo, why do you think that the pump isn't getting winterized by sucking the antifreeze out of the jug?

Super Dave
Cuz where the pump is, in the lower half of a little cabinet in the back corner of the 5'er under the electrical junction box which is in the upper half of the cabinet. There is no room to add a hose so the pump can suck antifreeze out of a jug. I don't trust just running the pump dry that all the water is out of it.

[image]

[image]

Impossible to add a winterization kit to this mess. Would have to take apart the cabinet just to get to the pump. 2nd pic, if you look really hard you can see the pump in the back left side of the picture. So I have to put some antifreeze in the tank so the pump can suck some thru it.

Milo

Janet & Milo ...43 3/4 fantastic yrs 2gether ">
Mona Mo 11 yr old F Yorkie & (in spirit) Buddy our beloved Beagle
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ">

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Winterizing Travel Trailer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.