|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Northern Lite 10-2000 stolen in Seattle

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Bert the Welder

Van. Island

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/20 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

****. Sorry to hear that.
Given the state of the truck, I'd hope they don't find it or hope your insurer will write it off as unusable. I couldn't use it again. Yuck!
Hope it works out for you.

"> 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

DanLazer

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/20 01:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camper was found a couple miles away on the corner of Genesee and 36th. Pretty messed up and lots of needles. Thanks for the help guys.

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/20 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Genesee and 36th
https://africatownseattle.com/articles/0220/africatown-to-host-first-property-development-meetup.html

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/20 01:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry it wasn't a happy ending. Out of curiosity, was the alarm on? Wondering if the scumbags who stole your truck defeated it.

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

Bert the Welder

Van. Island

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/20 04:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear they found it. Yuck! Hope your insurance works out favorably.

Seminoe Joe

Texas, Wyoming, or somewhere in between

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/20 04:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That sucks eggs. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I’m 2 weeks into dealing with my insurance company for damage done to my camper by another driver. You need to keep on them for sure. It’s amazing what they don’t know!

“It’s all in the reflexes.”
2012 Lance 850
2012 Chevy 2500 HD

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/20 04:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the reason I have a fob based ignition bypass. It arms when I turn off the truck and I have to activate the FOB to turn the ignition back on to make the key turn the truck on. no wires, no switches

not going to post the link for the bad guys cruising the web to get a heads up but PM me and I will send you a link. Its not expensive ( except to repair your punched door lock and column key) and its a DIY install.

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 08 Lance 1055, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Bert the Welder

Van. Island

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/20 08:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buzzcut1 wrote:

One of the reason I have a fob based ignition bypass. It arms when I turn off the truck and I have to activate the FOB to turn the ignition back on to make the key turn the truck on. no wires, no switches

not going to post the link for the bad guys cruising the web to get a heads up but PM me and I will send you a link. Its not expensive ( except to repair your punched door lock and column key) and its a DIY install.

As expected with any tech, soft bypassing of these systems seems to be already at hand. And I'm sure thieves of expensive vehicles already have gadgets to defeat your FOB. Though not likely in the hands of the junkie set looking for a quick buck, probably not long before it's just a phone app available for all.
Friend of mine's Pitbull trapped a thief in his car. Guys couldn't move so he just left him there to marinate in his wet pants. And knowing the friend, the thief was lucky he got dealt with by the Pitbull. That's a security system that can't be hacked.....

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/20 11:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bert the Welder wrote:

As expected with any tech, soft bypassing of these systems seems to be already at hand. And I'm sure thieves of expensive vehicles already have gadgets to defeat your FOB.

Fortunately, most of the people trying to steal vehicles are just meth/druggies. They don’t use any sophisticated equipment and focus on easy to steal items. It’s about volume for them.

I know some of the substations were able to stop copper from being stolen simply by painting the copper, black.

We are mostly only trying to keep idiots from stealing. The bar is pretty low. They will just move on to the next easy to steal item.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Bert the Welder

Van. Island

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/20 10:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh425 wrote:

Fortunately, most of the people trying to steal vehicles are just meth/druggies. They don’t use any sophisticated equipment and focus on easy to steal items. It’s about volume for them.

I know some of the substations were able to stop copper from being stolen simply by painting the copper, black.

We are mostly only trying to keep idiots from stealing. The bar is pretty low. They will just move on to the next easy to steal item.

Absolutely. Love the painted copper trick. That's good thinking!
Getting them to target the next guy is what it's all about. I tell the same to clients that want window security 'bars' but don't want bars like a jail. It's all about the visual. They don't have to be bomb proof. I can do something nice and the thief will see it and just go to the next house without anything on the windows. There's always the super nutters, but 99.9% aren't going to want to bother trying a place with something that looks secure. I've even done ones that are just 'set in' the interior window box. Can't tell the diff from looking in.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Northern Lite 10-2000 stolen in Seattle
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.