RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Chased Down The World's "Best" Solar Cells

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Chased Down The World's "Best" Solar Cells

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
2oldman

Mecca

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/20 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I usually get 65-75%.

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/20 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

Top three panels made:
SunPower (you'll pay a premium for this product)
Panasonic
LG
They all have 25 year warranties. Panasonic panels are made in the USA. They have been in business since 1918.

There are other solar panels that use the sunpower solar cells..Bougerv is one..I just watched a video on there site of there 170 watt panel($179) and Hobotech got 168 watts out of the 170 watt panel...I am not sure if this panel uses the same sunpower cells as there flexible but 168 out of 170 is pretty awesome..

Currently they changed there panel to 180 watts and it's not shipping yet but it does have my attention as I need a permanent solar panel for my new battery in my TC.

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/20 05:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Mex,

The best of the best right now are 6 junction cells. 41.7% efficient under 143 suns and they said that they have achieved an efficiency rate of 39.2% under one-sun illumination.

https://www.pv-magazine.com/2020/04/14/s........ion-iii-v-solar-cell-with-47-1-effiency/

I don't think I want to know the price.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/20 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What has me cranked up at the moment is NPN Gallium Arsenide 900 PIV transistors.

2 milliohm junctions, and up to 120 amp rating. The end of mechanical relays for high amperage DC. No more heat sink issues. Battery management miracles. But let's not talk about price. They are a product of CREE. The idea of silicon carbide LEDs is enticing. New tech is arriving.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Chased Down The World's "Best" Solar Cells
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.