|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Rocky Point or Puerto Penasco Mexico

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
MK2

Bend Or

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/20 04:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mexicoruss (On edit: this is not a complete list of RV parks in Rocky Point but highlights the ones that are on the beach.)
Concha Del Mar east of the Playa Hotel is also on the beach, dry camping only

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/20 05:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

charlestonsouthern wrote:

Chris, I also see that last amendment extending the March 21, 2020 original border agreement between Mexico, US, and Canada to October 21, 2020. But I see no other amendments (re: land borders) to the foreign relations agreement among the three countries. Do you think Mexico has broken the agreement? Or has Mexico just chosen to not enforce the land border agreement? I've referred the "morning-breakout" article listed above to my US senator, and he indicated that he will check into the situation or determine if there has been an additional amendment regarding land borders.

Attempted to send you a PM.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/20 12:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

qtla9111, Chris, my e-mail is deenbea@bellsouth.net. By the way, I got a response from Senator Tim Scott's office; he sees the situation at a Rocky Point the same way as I do, lack of Mexico enforcement at the border. But he wants a more definitive conclusion from the Dept. of Homeland Security.

hypoxia

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/20 03:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mexicoruss wrote:

I thought I would just float this out here in internet land. Rocky Point or Puerto Penasco is open for RV tourism.

Or Not. A local Arizona physician was charged $300 fine for not wearing a mask in his car with his family a day or two ago.

Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

mexicoruss

Puerto Penasco Sonora Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/14/20 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hypoxia wrote:

mexicoruss wrote:

I thought I would just float this out here in internet land. Rocky Point or Puerto Penasco is open for RV tourism.

Or Not. A local Arizona physician was charged $300 fine for not wearing a mask in his car with his family a day or two ago.
thats a little hard to believe. 300 us or 6000 pesos? I would have heard about that as is so far out of the norms it would have been discussed in our local boards

Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

hypoxia

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/14/20 10:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mexicoruss wrote:

hypoxia wrote:

mexicoruss wrote:

thats a little hard to believe. 300 us or 6000 pesos? I would have heard about that as is so far out of the norms it would have been discussed in our local boards

It's a funny story from a friend who was getting checked out by her GYN.......He was the one who paid the fine [emoticon] I would have liked to have been the fly on the wall.

How would you have heard about it?

Selkie

Sun City West, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/20 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A friend and I spent last week in Puerto Penasco. Wore our masks at the border and were waved through. Aduana only asked if we had guns, and the army checkpoint waved us through. The office at the Reef RV park required masks and had disinfectant on a mat to walk through and gel to use on our hands. Wrecked at the Reef had only outdoor dining with spacing and the waiters wore gloves and masks. The restaurant manager said they had to close down for 3 months. Beach vendors wore masks. We had a good time and will return next May.

hypoxia

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/20 08:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hypoxia wrote:

mexicoruss wrote:

hypoxia wrote:

mexicoruss wrote:

I'm reviving this to put it back to sleep. I relayed a story that for whatever reason I was told and was apparently total BS. There are no issues here in Rocky Point. I apologize to the group and to Russ for that.

Another Norcold 1200 fire destroyed a motorhome here a few days ago.

Wm.Elliot

Northeast

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/20 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am very happy to hear that the story of the family in one vehicle was not fined for not all wearing masks in the vehicle. These days it is very hard to distinguish fact from fiction.
I am hoping to return to Mexico in January and that story was a deal breaker. Thanks for clarifying!

coloradotallman

mexico/colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/20 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is there still dry camping on the beach at The Reef? What price? Thanks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Rocky Point or Puerto Penasco Mexico
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.