RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: 2002 Lance 811 Rebuild: Rig is Ready!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2002 Lance 811 Rebuild: Rig is Ready!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
BurbMan

Islip, Long Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/20 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Finally got the Lance on the truck and drove it around some yesterday!

The HappiJac Qwik-Loads that came with the camper cleaned up nice! Polished them up and hopefully keeps the rust at bay. Really wanted a new set of Fast Guns but couldn't swallow that cost after laying out for the Torklift frame mounted tie downs. So a little 3/8" galvanized chain makes up the difference.

According to my measurements I needed to add some height so I put the camper on top of a pair of 2x10s in the truck bed. The 1-1/2" was just what I needed to give me good clearance over the roof lights and bed sides. I also laid a 2x4 on edge across the front of the bed, to space the camper 1-1/2" back from the front.

When I bought this truck the PO had added a "leveling kit" which is basically a 1-1/2" space that sits on top of the front coil springs, he needed this for clearance on the 325 tires that are technically too big for 8" rims. Looks bada$$ when it's empty but looks overloaded with a load on it. I can't lose the spacers without going to smaller tires, so that will be a next year project.

The new umbilical cord worked out good too. It does drop the charging lines from #8 to #10, but since I swapped the 3-way fridge for a 2-way, that hi amp capacity is no longer needed. I have 100w solar helping to keep the battery up.

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Open to to any comments and suggestions, and I can post more pics if you want to see something specific. This has been a great project and appreciate the help from everyone here!

I still need to buff out the original fiberglass remaining on the slide out and back walls and get some kind of graphics on it. For now I'm excited to go somewhere next weekend! Need to get at least one trip in before the winter!

* This post was edited 10/05/20 08:40am by BurbMan *

2015 Ram 3500 SRW 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab Long Box, Cummins diesel
2002 Lance 811 Slide-In Camper
SOLD: 2008 Terry 34' TT
SOLD: 2001 K2500LT 8.1L Suburban

Lance 811 Renovation Story!
Project Complete!
Maiden Voyage!

Fishbreath

home

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/20 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you are happy with your set up! In your third picture, it appears that the floor is coming apart on the left side. I would question your use of just two 2x6's instead of supporting the camper floor evenly (Thinking plywood platform or rubber horse mat)

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/20 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice work Burb Man!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

BurbMan

Islip, Long Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/20 12:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good eye...actually the umbilical is pinched between the floor and the 2x10. That part of the floor is sheet metal that that goes under the holding tanks. What you are seeing under the access door to the dump valves is a removable piece that enables you to connect the dump hose. Having the cord pinched in there pushed that sheet metal out of alignment somewhat. I can tell you the floor is solid because I replaced that section under the door!

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/20 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice job...

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

Lwiddis

Lone Pine, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/20 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What a good looking rig!

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Bert the Welder

Van. Island

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/20 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats! Look great!

"> 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

Seminoe Joe

Texas, Wyoming, or somewhere in between

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/20 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mighty fine looking camper! Enjoy her on the maiden voyage!

“It’s all in the reflexes.”
2012 Lance 850
2012 Chevy 2500 HD

dhull

apple valley

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/20 03:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Awesome work! I wish you had made my camper.

K Mac

Lower Hudson Valley N.Y.

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/20 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats on finishing your project, looking good. Two weeks back, the western Catskills, were just showing some nice color change, if that's your thing.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2002 Lance 811 Rebuild: Rig is Ready!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.