RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: SiO2 Battery -UPDATE 5 (Two Batts)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> SiO2 Battery -UPDATE 5 (Two Batts)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 08:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noteven wrote:

Azimuth Solar has a couple videos up on u toob now discussing the composition and charging method for SiO2 batteries.

Hi,

Do you happen to have a link?

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PT there are a couple of videos here that might be them (I have not watched them) Scroll down--

http://azimuthsolar.ca/reviews-resources......../silicon-dioxide-lead-crystal-batteries/

I have not figured it out yet--Azimuth is just a dealer for the outfit in Brampton. The batts are made in China. "SiO2" and "Lead Crystal" are trademark names. That Dutch outfit might be the designer? So what does the guy in Brampton do?

This says they have a lab and do design work, but also says they "use" the latest, which they test. How do you look up who has those trademark names?

https://soneil.com/about-us/

BTW--a couple weeks ago when I bought mine from Azimuth, they had 5 in stock which changed to 4 afterwards. Earlier this week they had 50 in stock and now are down to 48. So somebody must be buying them! (I imagine the dealer getting in 50 would hit his wallet, so he must be confident they will sell)

* This post was last edited 11/01/20 09:13pm by BFL13 *   View edit history

1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/20 12:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

noteven wrote:

Azimuth Solar has a couple videos up on u toob now discussing the composition and charging method for SiO2 batteries.

Hi,

Do you happen to have a link?

Azimuth Solar pros and cons video

Azimuth Solar SiO2 charging

FWC

The Wilderness

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/20 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is another outfit selling 'Silicone' batteries, it is hard to tell but these look to be the same as 'SiO2' and 'Lead Crystal' batteries:
http://www.siliconebatteries.ca/sp.html

I wonder if these are all coming from the same factory in China? If you are want to buy direct from a manufacurer they are cheap:
Direct from China

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/20 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FWC,

The ones I've been recommending are made by Soneil in Canada.

FWC

The Wilderness

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/20 03:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pretty sure they are all made in China, but BFL13 should be able to tell us.

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/20 03:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I posted earlier, the one I got from Azimuth says, "Made in China" on it. A careful read of the Brampton site says they "use" and test these batts--I didn't see where they said they make them there.

Look at the green label here when you blow up the picture at the bottom right where it says "Made in China"

http://azimuthsolar.ca/product/12v-100ah-sio2-battery/

I am re-assured that the info on these batteries is certified by the information folks of the Chinese Army! Thanks FWC! [emoticon]

$8 each for min order of 60? I hope the poor guys in the PLA re-education camp that make these? get an extra noodle in their bowls at least once a week if the batts sell well. [emoticon]

I don't care-- I tested the one I have as noted earlier in my test results post, and it does what I want it for. I am not worried it might be some kind of fake.

That link also says you can do 3C charging. I don't understand what they mean by charging and discharging ratios, and how that works for when you can use higher amp recharging. Can anybody clarify that? Thanks.

* This post was edited 11/03/20 03:42pm by BFL13 *

FWC

The Wilderness

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/20 04:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree, that can't be the actual price. They have lead in them, and lead is a commodity that is worth much more than $6 per 30kg.

Here are more reasonable looking offerings:
MCA Battery

These look very similar to the various retail options, I would be fairly sure they are buying pallets of these (or similar) with the 'your label' option.

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/20 06:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FWC wrote:

I agree, that can't be the actual price. They have lead in them, and lead is a commodity that is worth much more than $6 per 30kg.

Here are more reasonable looking offerings:
MCA Battery

These look very similar to the various retail options, I would be fairly sure they are buying pallets of these (or similar) with the 'your label' option.

it most likely is the price, but... you can probably add 80-100bucks per battery for shipping and that for a min order of 60 batteries. I know when I was looking at 3.2V 280AH LiPo4 cells from china I can get them for as low as 80 bucks each but shipping on 8 of them was 400 bucks. then the company that buys 400 of them is going to put new lables on them , double the price and send them to distrubitors. then the price will be doubled again at the retailer. now if people wanted to get togeather and order 60 batteries direct you would probable be able to get them for 100-150 each landed. so quite a deal if enought prople fairly close to each other need 60 batteries.

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/20 11:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BFL13 wrote:

As I posted earlier, the one I got from Azimuth says, "Made in China" on it. A careful read of the Brampton site says they "use" and test these batts--I didn't see where they said they make them there.

Look at the green label here when you blow up the picture at the bottom right where it says "Made in China"

http://azimuthsolar.ca/product/12v-100ah-sio2-battery/

That's disappointing--I had an email that lead me to believe they were being produced in Canada. Sorry if I unintentionally mislead anyone.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> SiO2 Battery -UPDATE 5 (Two Batts)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.