|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Later and Later Check-in times

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
padredw

East Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/20 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Are the check-out times later too?

Yes, on these parks I'm dealing with. Check out still about an hour (some 2 hours) before check-in time.

Quote:

We booked a spot at Rend Lake this past summer in Southern IL. Arrived at Noon on SUNDAY -- thinking the weekenders would be gone by then. Check out time was 4pm

We had a similar experience at Rend Lake. In fact, this was one of the first times I noticed such a late check-in time.

That was more than a year ago but now two of the COE campgrounds where we are planning to stay in Arkansas (Old Cowhide and Denby Point) have check-in at 6:00 pm with check out times of 4:00 pm.

Other than this we often prefer COE parks, but 6:00 pm is beyond reasonable to me. Wonder how this trend got started???

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/20 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mleekamp wrote:

What was amazing, i'll say it again, is that about 2/3 of the park left at 4pm....was a traffic jam for about 30 mins in the park to get out.

Never seen that before...but then, 2020 has not been "normal".

That makes sense if they are local renters going out for the weekend -- when we go to a nearby park, we'll stay until the checkout time so we can get in one last hike, then come back, have lunch, then relax until it's time to unhook and go home. We usually dump the tanks first thing in the morning and unhook the water, then we just unhook power and go when we're ready to leave. Though the latest I've seen checkout around here is 3pm.

Though sometimes we'll book Friday night through Sunday and then arrive early Saturday so we can get in and get set up before the normal checkin -- I'd rather drive early in the morning then leave after work on Friday and arrive after dark (which is coming too soon these days!).

Mayor30

Pa

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/20 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just camped at Raystown Lake in Pa. It's a COE campground and check in was 5PM

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/20 04:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BurbMan wrote:

This trend started way before covid....just like a hotel, check out at noon, check in at 4:00. The CG needs time for maintenance during peak season, whether it's mowing or repairs. Also just like a hotel, if you are arrive at 2:00 and the site is clean and ready to occupy, most will certainly let you set up on it.

Most campgrounds clear out mid week, so not buying that it's mowing.

Really, no reason to have more than an hour gap between checkout and checkin. That gives plenty of time for staff to do a quick drive thru to see if everything is in order. If they have to fix a water tap, they can do that with a rig parked there.

Of course, the time difference wasn't the issue. The issue is pushing back both check in and check out.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

Seon

Lake Camanche, CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/20 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pinecrest campgrounds in CA National Forest check in is 2:00 pm and check out is 11:00 am.

WE-C-USA

NW Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/20 06:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a COE site booked in Texas for Dec. It states check in time is 3pm, no early entries. Last year, at the same park, with reservation, I arrived about 2:15. Only 4 other campers in a 104 site park. Pulled up to the shack, I was told that I couldn't go in. My reply was, I'll wait right here then.
IMO, I think a lot of "Camp Ground Host" are getting lazy.
I guess that I'll be able to sleep in some that morning.

Frank & PJ
2004 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS

LadyRVer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/20 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Traveling solo, it is hard to do a 4 p.m. or later check-in. And 6 p.m.? With the time change coming up, it will be dark and no way can I back this rig in by myself in the dark (can't much do it during daylight hours.. LOL)

I was made to wait at a boat ramp in about 95 degree heat for over an hour until a 3 p.m. check-in. No generator. Late check-ins I have found to be mostly COE parks.

Busskipper

Grasonville,Md/Superior, CO

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We all solve this differently - Never had an issue with early check in at the WALLY*MART - [emoticon]

JMHO,

Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

vermilye

Oswego, NY, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/20 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know if it is all of them, but the last two New York State Parks I've stayed in had a 5:00 check in. They did let me in at 3:00 at one of them.

Jon Vermilye My Travel Blog
My Photo & RV link blog

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We never wait for the check in time to arrive. Just show up after the check out time. Been doing that for years. We're on the west coast so maybe things are different. We have been scolded a couple times for arriving early, but so what. Depending on the CG some don't care. Seems like state parks are more finicky.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Later and Later Check-in times
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.