|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Living space

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
gfrm568

Europe

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 12:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been investigating class c motorhomes for my wife and I.

I am surprised that even if designed for two people, they have so much "seating" and such little working and storage space for cooking.

It would seem to me that the swivel driver and copilot chairs should be sufficient for two people.

If we have a guest or two while stationary, would not folding chairs be more than sufficeient- and for us if we don´t feel like using the swivel chairs.

And as for cooking, it is an activity we both enjoy and one of the reasons for having an RV kitchen is to enjoy your own cooked meals and keep costs down.

As you may guess, I have never experienced RV life but only the two of us will be travelling.

So, the question is:

Are there class c motorhomes that have larger kitchen areas in lieu of so much seating.

Thanks

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/20 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Find one with an outdoor kitchen.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2016 RZR 900

K Charles

Connecticut

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/20 12:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We looked at class c's and didn't see much seating at all. Driver and passenger seats most always are down in a hole. The couch or the booth which is not too comfortable. I would like to see some with more seating. To each his own but if you want more room you need something bigger.

Lwiddis

Camping near Pearsonville, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/20 01:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you rented a C for a week or so? That’s the best way to see if you have enough or need more...seating, counter space, cabinets etc.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That deal applies to them all even class A----must think everyone either has 5+ kids or takes the whole neighborhood. I wanted an American Eagle and every one I looked at had 2 couches facing each other. Keep looking they are out there.

ybconway

Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not sure if it can be done but I'll be looking at changing the "nook" to two swivel chairs. Our Forest River 24C has a full 30" slide which gives lots of room in the kitchen area but still the counter area is small.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/20 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had an uncomfortable u-shaped dinette in my C. I removed the cushions , i used the OEM plywood platforms to bolt down the round swivel pedestal bases of 2 gaming chairs from Amazon . I was able to keep the table in place and the comfort of the reclining high back gaming chairs is awesome for eating as well as tv viewing, not to mention a nap.
If i sell the rv, it can be sold with the chairs or the OEM u dinette. The base wood framework was not altered. I still have the exact same foundation for storage. I even have more storage bc i can access the compartment below the dinette window much easier to use it now. The chairs are light and can be lifted while attached to the plywood to access storage below.

BTW, i found extra seat belts tucked away that were hidden under a board below the dinette that were previously not visible to me. The number of persons my rv sleeps matches the number of seatbelts.
Previously i had posted that i did not have an equal amount of belts, so i stand corrected. Someone here had posted that the sleeping / seatbelt number should match on all rvs , you are correct. [emoticon]

Giantex 360 Degree Swivel Gaming Chair Floor Chair, 6 Positions Adjustable Backrest, Mesh Fabric, Sturdy Iron
use conduit 'c' clamps around the tube base to secure the base to the plywood. Swivel the seat so you access a drill to install.

AJR

Close to Madison Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/20 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My class C has an 11”x42” counter top right next to the sink & the fridge is directly across the hallway. It is one of the reasons I like the floorplan.

2014 Leprechaun 290QB
Chevy 2400 6.0
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

Mondooker

Florida Gulf Coast

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/20 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi gfrm568, I don’t know the size of Class C you are looking for but here are some to look at for you large kitchen. These are in no order of preference, just coaches that offer large kitchens. These coaches also offer a lot of space with the slides in.

• Entegra Esteem 29V
• Forest River Forester 3011DS
• Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB

There are others as well but these three are well known and respected Class C’s and hopefully will give you a start.

jimbo4UT

Stafford Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/20 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out Forest River Sunseeker 3010DS. It has the largest kitchen we could find in a class C - it's the same floor plan as the Leprechaun 319MB but has more bells and whistles than the leprechaun. We compared both and Forest River was hands down better for us. Solar, 2 AC units with shedding system. 10.7 refrigerator (12 volt only) are just 3 items that the leprechaun we looked at did not have. I looked around and got a great deal. Not every dealer holds out like the one close to me did. I had to drive 120 miles to get mine but saved close to 40,000 so I call that a win for me.

PS It didn't help that the Leprechaun we were looking at was 45 miles from our house and the dealer said "only have this one and won't see another for months so were holding out for close to MSRP" maybe he got it I have no way to know but if you look at what the Leprechaun calls full body paint it a tan color with a white truck compartment. It not really even nice looking - looks like they forgot to finish it at the factory. Mine has full body paint.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Living space
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.