|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Living space

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Mondooker

Florida Gulf Coast

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/20 02:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi jimbo4UT , Good for you on your selection! And you’re right, paying close to MSRP is about as close to insanity as one can get. I wonder if the dealer thinks if you pay more it will depreciate less? My golly, you pay $40,000 more for a motorhome and you’ll never come out alive.

What is the real difference between the Forester and Sunseeker? I read somewhere the Forester has more bells and whistles and upgrades. Is that right?

Good for you jimbo4UT, you got what you wanted at the price you wanted and that ain’t bad!

Update: Just found out the MSRP of the Forester is $5000.00 more than the Sunseeker.

* This post was edited 10/12/20 02:57pm by Mondooker *

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/20 03:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always thought one reason that kitchens weren't bigger, is that many, if not most people, do a lot of outside cooking and eating.
As far as seating, my Forester front seats don't swivel, so they generally get used for storage/catch-all while set up.

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

Geeze

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/15/20 08:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gfrm568 wrote:

I have been investigating class c motorhomes for my wife and I.

I am surprised that even if designed for two people, they have so much "seating" and such little working and storage space for cooking.

It would seem to me that the swivel driver and copilot chairs should be sufficient for two people.

If we have a guest or two while stationary, would not folding chairs be more than sufficeient- and for us if we don´t feel like using the swivel chairs.

And as for cooking, it is an activity we both enjoy and one of the reasons for having an RV kitchen is to enjoy your own cooked meals and keep costs down.

As you may guess, I have never experienced RV life but only the two of us will be travelling.

So, the question is:

Are there class c motorhomes that have larger kitchen areas in lieu of so much seating.

Thanks
We have a Coachman Leprechaun 319MB and for us it was the best flooeplan. It came with covers over the sink and with the TV lowered its a good size countetop. The table is directly from the stove and my wife uses it like an island when cooking. We have the swivel seats and while they are OK for guests I wouldn't want to use them as our primary seating. Both the sofa and optional recliners Coachman offers are uncomfortable. We ended up putting in a new love seat with power recliners and heated seat. The seating is directly across from the TV no looking sideways to watch TV. We looked at a lot of floorpalns before we purchased this one. I will also say build quality on the Leprechaun is excellent. We have not made any trips back to the dealer for repairs. Leprechaun MB319

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Living space
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.