RV.Net Open Roads Forum: The price of new trucks is beyond comprehension!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> The price of new trucks is beyond comprehension!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 26  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
willald

NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/20 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$92k for a pickup truck?! Wow. I realize that's Canadian, and is a truck with tons of bells and whistles, including the extremely expensive diesel option, but...Wow.

My 36' Class A Motorhome with full body paint and numerous other options (see signature), bought brand new in 2012, did not cost that much!

If pickups are that expensive and will only get worse.....Welllll, makes me that much happier that we'll most likely never need to own one again.

Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis
See it here

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/20 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What a couple guys alluded to, but not specifically, is aside from inflation, you’re buying twice the vehicle now compared to say, the 80s.
Power capability, technology, comfort, features etc etc.
too many “want it all, now” people. Older folks too.
Want to bitsch about the price of your new LTZ duramax dually crew cab?
Compare it to a stripped down gasser new work truck for starters and then add how much more capable, powerful and comfortable that is even compared to the top of the line 80s rig and then do the math instead of thinking luxuries should be free.
Helll, we already get huge discounts on luxuries compared to previous years and it’s all relative.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/21 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wha'?

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/21 10:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At 50 years old, I still have never bought a new car. I always buy 3-4 years old. I just can’t comprehend paying all that money and losing 50% in the first couple years!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

ShinerBock

LVTX

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/21 06:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

At 50 years old, I still have never bought a new car. I always buy 3-4 years old. I just can’t comprehend paying all that money and losing 50% in the first couple years!

You don't loose that much with diesels. The MSRP on my truck was $64k back in 2014 and was its trade in value was $50k in 2016 with 30k miles in it which is what I actually paid for it.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/21 06:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^^^^ What kind of numbers would you be looking at now if you were to trade in your truck for a 2022? (You’re probably hoping/waiting for Ram to put a ZF 8 speed behind the Cummins?) Do you still have the ‘14 or did you trade it for a ‘16?

2021 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

hvac

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/21 07:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a brand new 78 Chevy half ton right after graduation from college. 2 years later my heel went through the floor board. Rust. Michigan winters killed it in 4 years. Doors tailgate a mess.
Big 3 deserved global competition. Asia European vehicles now have very high brand loyalty that's been passed down to younger generations. The RV industry is today's US dominated monopoly with a big middle finger to the customer. I hope ATC never sells out to Thor or Winnebago. It's built to stand the test of time.

Respect is earned.

ShinerBock

LVTX

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/21 07:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4ord wrote:

^^^^ What kind of numbers would you be looking at now if you were to trade in your truck for a 2022? (You’re probably hoping/waiting for Ram to put a ZF 8 speed behind the Cummins?) Do you still have the ‘14 or did you trade it for a ‘16?

Nope, still have the 14 and it will be the truck my son drives in the coming years when he is old enough. Don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. Only looked at the trade in value in 2016 to compare values for the gaser versus diesel spreadsheet I had.

If anything I will just get a new truck when I hand it down in about 4 years. After all, it has been paid off since 2018 and the $900 payments I used to pay have been going to growing some investments since then.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/21 03:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

Nope, still have the 14 and it will be the truck my son drives in the coming years when he is old enough. Don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. Only looked at the trade in value in 2016 to compare values for the gaser versus diesel spreadsheet I had.

If anything I will just get a new truck when I hand it down in about 4 years. After all, it has been paid off since 2018 and the $900 payments I used to pay have been going to growing some investments since then.

And Shiner probably changes his oil and air filters and stuff, so his truck should last a long time! LOL

Hannibal

Tampa Bay Area

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/21 05:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 94 F-150 XL reg cab I-6 manual cost me about 1000 hrs of pay. My 2020 F250 7.3 FX4 STX crew cab with far more features than a Lariat had in 94, cost me about 1400 hrs of pay a year ago. Worth every penny. Lovin’ every mile.

2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 26  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> The price of new trucks is beyond comprehension!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.