|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Up grading my Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Vic65

Winchester

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/20 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello, I currently have a 2002 Minnie Winnie Class C 31ft with 79,000. I love this rig however its getting old. I would like to get another class C in the 50,000.00 area. Any suggestions on a newer Rv. Thank in advance. Vic

jmattor

Redondo Beach, California, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/20 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2002 Forest River Sunseeker LE 31’
It has 10,000 miles.
It was a temp home while a house was built. Runs great, doing some remodeling right now.
It should turn out well.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/20 05:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vic65 wrote:

Hello, I currently have a 2002 Minnie Winnie Class C 31ft with 79,000. I love this rig however its getting old.

Old?

My C is a 1995 with nearly 200,000 on it. The house is the weak part of these things, the chassis is a well-proven unit designed to go 500,000 miles or more.

garyemunson

Reno, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/20 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2 on what Jax said! Both the Ford and GM Class C chassis are well-proven medium-duty truck builds that if you follow the suggested maintenance will far outlast the coachwork. If you've been taking care of it such as making sure window frame screws are tight and replacing the butyl tape around them and the body trim every 10 years or so, no need to upgrade (unless there is another floorplan you lust after!).

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/20 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I love this rig however its getting old

You never know what your getting into buying a new rv never mind a used one. If your above statement is really true, then you might want to consider sinking some money into what you have to tweak it up to par, both the chassis as well as the living quarters.
Yes, it will be thousands of dollars but you already know what you have and you will know even better...what you will have. [emoticon]

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/20 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

far better to refurbish the "house".

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/20 09:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vic65 wrote:

Hello, I currently have a 2002 Minnie Winnie Class C 31ft with 79,000. I love this rig however its getting old. I would like to get another class C in the 50,000.00 area. Any suggestions on a newer Rv. Thank in advance. Vic

Your choice sounds easy to me ... look for a 2006-2007 Minnie Winnie Class C in good shape! Those years are close enough to your 2002 such that you're likely to get the same quality -> before the post 2008 decline in quality that some folks talk about. [emoticon]

We love our 2005 Itasca (Winnebago) Class C. I read the RV forums a lot and study Class C specifications and features of many models ... and so far I only very rarely come across newer Class C models from various manufacturers that come close to or exceed what we wound up with in our Class C.

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

PartyOf Five

Wheaton, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/20 11:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you intend to keep traveling inn it, the best options is to stick with what you have and you know. Don't think it has to stay static either- make it match your needs (flooring, layout, amenities, etc) and your years of excellent maintenance will be with your for years to come. Our 2000 is reaching 100k and we're trying to find ways to use it all year round.

PartyOf5: Us 2 & 3 pre-teens trying to connect, learn, appreciate creation & the Creator. 5 yrs, 50k

May you find Peace in all that you endeavor

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/20 09:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PartyOf Five wrote:

If you intend to keep traveling inn it, the best options is to stick with what you have and you know. Don't think it has to stay static either- make it match your needs (flooring, layout, amenities, etc) and your years of excellent maintenance will be with your for years to come. Our 2000 is reaching 100k and we're trying to find ways to use it all year round.

This.

Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Up grading my Class C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.