|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Henry Tropi-Cool VS EPDM Roof Coatings

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
minnow

Upstate South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/20 04:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These costings are just a temporary bandaid that needs to be replaced again and again. Fine if you are getting rid of the rig in 2-3 years. Bite the bullet and get the RV Armour roof. One and done. Throw out the caulk gun, dicor, paint pans and rollers. Another benefit, it keeps us old guys off the roof and out of intensive care.

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used Henry’s, the one with life time warranty. It covers very well. I saw no way to put on the amount they said with out building a dam around the roof. Didn’t clean the roller pan and it’s so stuck on I see no way it can peel off. Very satisfied

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The problem with the "rubber" roof on RVs is the owner. They are obsessed with cleaning the roof annually, or usually more often. They wash away the protective layer thus exposing the roof to more UV rays and another protective layer develops until it, too, is washed away. Soon the entire protective layer is gone, exposing the black base, which requires roof replacement. Commercial applications on buildings last 30+ years because the building owner doesn't wash the building's roof all the time!

TenOC

On the road -- Full time

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/20 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DownTheAvenue wrote:

The problem with the "rubber" roof on RVs is the owner. They are obsessed with cleaning the roof annually, or usually more often. They wash away the protective layer thus exposing the roof to more UV rays and another protective layer develops until it, too, is washed away. Soon the entire protective layer is gone, exposing the black base, which requires roof replacement. Commercial applications on buildings last 30+ years because the building owner doesn't wash the building's roof all the time!

My rule Inspect but do not wash

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

victoriamorgon08

Shelton CT USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/31/20 05:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

a) Most fifth wheel trailers are open to exposer to dirt, moisture and UV rays. This leads to leaks and damages. Regular maintenance of your 5th wheel trailer can keep these things from happening. Liquid RV Roof is the ultimate maintenance tool which protects your trailer form UV rays and harsh weather conditions.
b) Liquid RV Roof is great for RV repairs of any kind. The application of the Liquid Roof literally saves you thousands of dollars when compared to a new roof. One coat, one time and years and years of worry free maintenance with your RV. The versatility of Liquid Roof is endless from existing EPDM roofs to canvas, fiberglass to pvc. If you have already put a 3rd party coating over your roof or you just don't know what has been applied to your roof over the years there is no need to worry. You simply apply one coat of the ProFlex primer prior to the application of the Liquid Roof. This is part of the reason for its 26 year history in successfully recoating RV’s.

edatlanta

Maplesville, AL Home Base

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/31/20 05:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

beemerphile1 wrote:

I wonder why you need to coat an EPDM roof membrane. They last 30+ years on a building without doing anything to them.

The RV EPDM membrane itself is typically warrantied against failure for 12 years. What would be the effect on the warranty if you slather on some other product?

My 12 year warranty EPDM roof membrane failed (yes the membrane) at 5 years service. The total amount the membrane manufacturer would offer me was $225.00 and only then if I used their material. I had https://rvroof.com/ installed instead. Virtually no difference in price. 5 years later the FlexArmor roof looks just like it did 5 years ago and zero caulking to have to replace, check, or caulk.

Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Henry Tropi-Cool VS EPDM Roof Coatings
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.