|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  B+

> Teacher's Pet

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/20 03:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stim wrote:

Please pace yourself and don't be too hasty.
It would be easy to get taken advantage of while dealing with your grief.
Get advice from others that you trust, so often we hear stories of widows being swindled.
I lost a girlfriend to cancer in 1992 and later realized I was in a fog for over a year after.
Just something to think about, Wish you well.

Thank you for the heads up. I have no intention of falling "victim" to anyone. My son is here in Florida as well and I can call on him if needed.

Dale

Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

winnietrey

seattle

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scottiemom wrote:

Stim wrote:

Please pace yourself and don't be too hasty.
It would be easy to get taken advantage of while dealing with your grief.
Get advice from others that you trust, so often we hear stories of widows being swindled.
I lost a girlfriend to cancer in 1992 and later realized I was in a fog for over a year after.
Just something to think about, Wish you well.

Thank you for the heads up. I have no intention of falling "victim" to anyone. My son is here in Florida as well and I can call on him if needed.
Dale

I don't think you will fall victim to anyone. But I will say I sold ours 6 months ago, after my wife died. I did let it go for a little cheaper, as I just wanted it gone. I am fine with that.

Pain of selling it, far out weighed the few extra dollars I might have got, had I held out for my price and gone through the sales thing over and over with each prospective buyer. It was pretty tough sledding as it was

* This post was edited 11/01/20 12:33pm by an administrator/moderator *

avan

Sioux Falls, SD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/20 11:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dale. I’ll confirm that used motor coaches are hot items especially in FL and that’ll go double for one in as good condition as Phaeton Place. If you run into any issues, just PM or email me, don’t work too hard getting it emptied.

www.putt10.net

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/20 03:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm discovering there is more in a 40 foot motorhome than there is in my 28x60 home. I go out and bag and box stuff up and bring it in the house. Early morning or late evening, I start going through the stuff and sorting/putting it away. There is a lot of satellite stuff and I won't be using that. Terry was a master at anything electronic, including the Dish system, but I can't do any of that. I will be happy with cable for sure. And in a motorhome, I will get by with an antenna and DVD's.

All the cupboards in the bedroom are emptied. . . now for under the bed. I will have to have the neighbor guy help me lift the bed. The new memory foam makes that difficult for me.

Bathroom medicine cabinets are empty. A lot of "loose" stuff sitting around is out. Haven't started on the basement, but we had pared that down from our fulltiming days.

Getting some feedback on prices and have someone who appears to be really interested and they are here in Florida.

Today is another day.

Dale

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  B+

> Teacher's Pet
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.