RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: BW 3300 with Ford 6.5 box

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > BW 3300 with Ford 6.5 box

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
spud1957

NB

Senior Member

Joined: 01/08/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/17/20 02:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone have this set up? Truck has the pucks. Not to excited about buying a slider. Also considering the Anderson.

Thermoguy

Graham, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/04/2017

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/18/20 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Before you buy an Anderson, look at the pictures on Amazon.

I have a short box chev with a B&W Companion. Great hitch, solid. I don't have a slider so I have to be careful when backing. My trailer is older so it is square up front. I don't think I need a slider.

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Online
Posted: 10/19/20 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thermoguy wrote:

Before you buy an Anderson, look at the pictures on Amazon.

I have a short box chev with a B&W Companion. Great hitch, solid. I don't have a slider so I have to be careful when backing. My trailer is older so it is square up front. I don't think I need a slider.


I tow with the Andersen ,and also a short bed . Yes I would think you have to be careful, I have the rounded corners on mine which is newer ,and no real issues with the Andersen .

I have since turned the Andersen adapter around ,putting the fifth wheel closer to the cab, putting the pin slightly forward on the axle, instead of rear of center. Still not issue backing up.

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Online
Posted: 10/19/20 11:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No problem til there is!!!


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Njmurvin

Simi Valley

Senior Member

Joined: 09/06/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/19/20 11:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Assuming you can hit the cab with all conventional non-slider hitches, your best shot at avoiding a slider is likely the Andersen. The hitch, itself, gives you 5" of setback from the cab. Then, add about 4" to that if you can get away with the standard install of the kingpin adapter. Assuming your pinbox has clearance from the bedrails and tailgate in that position (as mine does), you gain a healthy 9" in total.

I had a Superglide in my previous truck and I loved how I never had to worry about hitting the cab. What I didn't love was getting the hitch in and out of the truck and its robbing me of 250lbs of payload. It literally takes me 15 minutes to install my Andersen (all 38lbs of it) and I take my time. My truck has a slightly longer bed (6'10") and I have miles of clearance to the cab in tight turns.


2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Standard box

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Online
Posted: 10/19/20 12:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

No problem til there is!!!


I had to laugh on that one [emoticon] Pretty sure that applies to everything .

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Online
Posted: 10/19/20 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have to worry about 212# you are pushing it.

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Online
Posted: 10/19/20 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

If you have to worry about 212# you are pushing it.


If you had to add another 212 # with your setup would you , with already being over your weight ratings , or close to it ???

Njmurvin

Simi Valley

Senior Member

Joined: 09/06/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/19/20 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not "pushing it" on this truck (3900lb payload).

The real point of my post was the added cab clearance the AUH can provide. The weight benefit is secondary - but by all means, not insignificant.

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Online
Posted: 10/20/20 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Njmurvin wrote:

Assuming you can hit the cab with all conventional non-slider hitches, your best shot at avoiding a slider is likely the Andersen. The hitch, itself, gives you 5" of setback from the cab. Then, add about 4" to that if you can get away with the standard install of the kingpin adapter. Assuming your pinbox has clearance from the bedrails and tailgate in that position (as mine does), you gain a healthy 9" in total.

I had a Superglide in my previous truck and I loved how I never had to worry about hitting the cab. What I didn't love was getting the hitch in and out of the truck and its robbing me of 250lbs of payload. It literally takes me 15 minutes to install my Andersen (all 38lbs of it) and I take my time. My truck has a slightly longer bed (6'10") and I have miles of clearance to the cab in tight turns.


My kingpin is at the same distance from my cab with the adapter for the Andersen in the forward position putting it closer to the cab as it was with my Reese slider in the tow position. I have no issues backing my fifth wheel .

We just returned from a hunting trip, and as always I have a tight turn to get into my RV pad beside my home . The pad is 10 feet wide , my house on one side ,and property line ,and trees on the other, its a tight fit . I have to crank it pretty tight ,not an issue . I would say I am in the 70 degree range, a lot tighter then I want to on dry pavement., and cement. As one asked can I go 90 degrees ,no . I can get close ,but getting in my driveway is as tight as I have ever had to go.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > BW 3300 with Ford 6.5 box
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.