|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Almost found a truck

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
rjstractor

Maple Valley, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/20 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Edd505 wrote:

way2roll wrote:

Edd505 wrote:

LanceRKeys wrote:

I’m not really looking for a truck, but I was driving by the ford dealership and noticed a gas truck, so I pulled in to check it out. Long bed, check; crew cab, check; cloth seats, check; vinyl floors, check; 7.3, check; 4.30 check; F350..... nope. If it was a 350, I would have really been impressed, but for some reason it’s a 250.

Oh well, guess I’ll keep driving my old truck.

Add the 350 spring pack and you have a F350, re badge it and no one will know unless they check the vin.

I believe the rear axle is also bigger on the F350.

We had a heck of a time finding our truck. Luckily my friend is a dealer in MD. Had what we wanted and bought it over the phone. But we looked for almost 2 mos solid within a 4 hr radius.

Obviously not Ford guy, you need to do some reading. https://dustrunnersauto.com/f250-vs-f350/

The aforementioned article was written over four years ago, so it does not necessarily apply to new trucks today. It certainly applied to my 2000 F250, which thanks to its Camper package it is identical to the same year F350. One thing I picked up on Ford's website is that apparently the gas F250 use a six speed Torqshift-G transmission while all F350s have the 10 speed. Even if every other nut and bolt were identical that alone would be reason enough to get a F350.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Edd505 wrote:

way2roll wrote:

Edd505 wrote:

LanceRKeys wrote:

I’m not really looking for a truck, but I was driving by the ford dealership and noticed a gas truck, so I pulled in to check it out. Long bed, check; crew cab, check; cloth seats, check; vinyl floors, check; 7.3, check; 4.30 check; F350..... nope. If it was a 350, I would have really been impressed, but for some reason it’s a 250.

Add the 350 spring pack and you have a F350, re badge it and no one will know unless they check the vin.

We had a heck of a time finding our truck. Luckily my friend is a dealer in MD. Had what we wanted and bought it over the phone. But we looked for almost 2 mos solid within a 4 hr radius.

Obviously not Ford guy, you need to do some reading. I will guarantee I park the F250 next to an F350 of the same year you will not know the differance without looking at the badging or Vin. Ford/Lincoln/Mercury mechanic for years and owned super duties since 1999. Pick a part and et a part number, same for ether truck.

https://dustrunnersauto.com/f250-vs-f350/

Your referenced article is over 4 years old. And you obviously don't know what you are talking about regarding new Ford trucks. I own one, I know the differences. It's pretty clear in the specs.

* This post was edited 10/19/20 06:37am by way2roll *

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/20 07:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Your referenced article is over 4 years old. And you obviously don't know what you are talking about regarding new Ford trucks. I own one, I know the differences. It's pretty clear in the specs.

Go to square one he was not asking about new trucks he's looking at a 7.3 so it's a 2003 or older. Not much of a Ford guy if you don't know the 250s and 350s are the same truck. Like I said look up a part for the 250 and see that it fits the 350. I suspect your the type runs to the shop and says fix it it's doing ..... Some of us fix our own. Do some research and stop spouting it's old info. When YOU start fixing come back with correct info and stop spreading BS.

Ask your friend that the dealer, better yet ask one of his mechanics or parts people. "I believe it's got a bigger rear axle" you believe in correctly the parts book will confirm it. It likely has 3:55 gears but could have 3:73 lower could be special ordered.

Ford OEM part numbers

* This post was edited 10/19/20 07:19pm by Edd505 *

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ed, you might wanna check yoself.
OP is talking about a NEW truck and while both the 250s and 350s are largely the same, 350s and duallys get heavier rear axles (and of course springs). Aside from the axles you’re correct though IMO. And the axle thing don’t mean shtick unless you’re putting more pin weight on a 250 than any LT tire is good for anyways.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 07:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

He said gas truck. And that would make it a new one.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/20 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Edd505 wrote:

way2roll wrote:

Go to square one he was not asking about new trucks he's looking at a 7.3 so it's a 2003 or older. Not much of a Ford guy if you don't know the 250s and 350s are the same truck. Like I said look up a part for the 250 and see that it fits the 350. I suspect your the type runs to the shop and says fix it it's doing ..... Some of us fix our own. Do some research and stop spouting it's old info. When YOU start fixing come back with correct info and stop spreading BS.

Ask your friend that the dealer, better yet ask one of his mechanics or parts people. "I believe it's got a bigger rear axle" you believe in correctly the parts book will confirm it. It likely has 3:55 gears but could have 3:73 lower could be special ordered.

Ford OEM part numbers

Dude, why are you trolling me and making assumptions about me when you obviously know nothing about me and my fixing abilities? Transparent attempt to defend your silly advice. He said 7.3 at a dealership. That makes it the new godzilla. Not a 2003. Figured you'd know that since you seem to be the "expert". But anyone advocating for buying F250, putting all the money in it to make it a F350 and then lie by re-badging it, when they could just buy a f350, has no opinion I'd consider worth anything. Troll someone else.

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/20 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rjstractor wrote:

Edd505 wrote:

way2roll wrote:

Edd505 wrote:

LanceRKeys wrote:

Obviously not Ford guy, you need to do some reading. https://dustrunnersauto.com/f250-vs-f350/

The aforementioned article was written over four years ago, so it does not necessarily apply to new trucks today. It certainly applied to my 2000 F250, which thanks to its Camper package it is identical to the same year F350. One thing I picked up on Ford's website is that apparently the gas F250 use a six speed Torqshift-G transmission while all F350s have the 10 speed. Even if every other nut and bolt were identical that alone would be reason enough to get a F350.

From the SuperDuty build site: "All Super Duty® models (except the 6.2L V8 F-250) now feature a new standard Ford TorqShift® 10-speed automatic transmission".

So only the 6.2 comes with a 6 speed and the 7.3 F250 the op was looking at had a 10 speed.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Almost found a truck
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.