RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Free Natioan Park enterence

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Free Natioan Park enterence

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/20 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you don’t already have a Department of Defense Identification Card, or a Veteran Health Identification Card, you can apply for a Veteran ID card on the va.gov website. You’ll need to upload images of documents like drivers license, DD214, passport, etc depending on what form of ID verification you choose. The ID card just identifies you as a veteran, it doesn’t signify you are eligible for any VA benefits.

Also, all 50 states and Puerto Rico offer a Veteran designation (an identifying mark) printed on state-issued driver’s licenses or IDs. The type of Veteran designation may vary from state to state. If you have a Veteran’s designation, you may be able to get discounts offered to Veterans at many stores, businesses, and restaurants.

Do you ever wonder how many of us veterans there are in the US? As of 2018 there were about 18 million, or about 7% of the US population.

What about active and reserve military? Care to take a guess how many? Our Active and Ready Reserve forces, about 2.5 million, is about 0.0075%…less than one percent of the US population.

[emoticon][emoticon]

* This post was last edited 10/30/20 09:19pm by NRALIFR *   View edit history

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/20 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

Do not go there.

The Moderators will delete the TRUTH.

Thank you to all who served.

I agree with Entrance Fees, all other you should pay for.

What's your problem?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

caver

Missouri, The Cave State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/20 10:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks NRALIFER I wasn't aware. I know when I applied for Lowed discount they had an independent firm that checked validation. Now i just have to give them a phone number and show drivers license.

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Military Times article states "The policy includes admittance to well-known sites like Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona and Shenandoah National Park in Virginia."

There is no fee to enter Mount Rushmore for anyone. The only fee is $10 parking fee charged by the concession that operates the parking area. Note that the parking fee is $5 for seniors, and that the fee is a one time, good for one year fee.

Whoever wrote the article was not aware that not all National Park operated facilities charge entrance fees. The most visited National Park in the country, Great Smoky Mountains NP has no entrance fee.

Charles

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am a veteran but also have the senior card which gives free entry to all of the above. Just used at Harpers Ferry, saved $40

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 03:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just to clear up whether it's only every Veteran's Day, or if it's every day beginning Veteran's Day 2020.

A direct quote:
Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt announced the initiative 28 OCT during an event at the Iowa Gold Star Military Museum in Des Moines. “With the utmost respect and gratitude, we are granting veterans and Gold Star Families free access to the iconic and treasured lands they fought to protect starting this Veterans Day and every single day thereafter,” Bernhardt said.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 10:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

I am a veteran but also have the senior card which gives free entry to all of the above. Just used at Harpers Ferry, saved $40

The senior card will get you 50% off on campsite fees generally, so if you are eligible you would do well to pay the $80 and get it if you camp much at all in Federal facilities.

The Veteran deal is for admission only from what I read on the Department of the Interior link someone above provided. I have a senior card I bought on my 62 birthday earlier in the year they increased the fee to $80. I got up on my Bday and drove to a nearby Corp of Engineer dam project office and got it for $10 as the date of the increase had not been announced at that point.

Charles

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/20 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also got it for $10

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/20 03:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is additional great news for vets on top of new rules allowing vets access to military base PX, commissary and recreational facilities. Many non lifer vets sacrificed greatly for their country and are very deserving of all this.

zb39

slippery rock

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/20 07:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In PA it is on my driver lic that I'm a vet. I can't get the senior pas for 4 more years. NamMedvac70 how the heck do I get on a base. I don't have any VA card at all. I would love to use a base campground sometime.

Tiffin Zephyr(sold)
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Free Natioan Park enterence
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.