RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Free Natioan Park enterence

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Free Natioan Park enterence

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/21/20 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those veterans that don't have a VA health benefits card, there is a Veteran Identification Card (VIC) available that can be used in place of carrying a copy of your DD-214 with you as proof of your status.

How to apply for a Veteran ID Card

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Mark and Linda

Smyrna, Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/22/20 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am a veteran plus I have a Military Retired ID Card. Several years ago we got our Senior Access cards for $10.00. We were told while checking in to Salt Springs in Florida that they were going up but I didn't realize that they would go up that much. My wife got hers at the National Forest HQ near Lynne, Florida for $10.00. We have used them at the Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park and others. We use it a lot at the Army Corps Campgrounds. I guess we are fortunate to have gotten ours when we did. I guess we are double covered now.

ItsyRV

Desert SW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/22/20 08:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zb39 wrote:

... how the heck do I get on a base. I don't have any VA card at all. I would love to use a base campground sometime.

Base access for Exchange, Commissary and MWR campgrounds isn't authorized for all veterans. It was only available to veterans with the MoH or 100% service connected disabled.

The new change in January, also extended in person Exchange, Commissary and MWR facility access to a new group. That group is limited to Purple Heart recipients, former POWs, Veterans with a VA rated service connected disability and VA recognized PCAFC caregivers. If you're in one of those new groups, you can now have access to use those service in person.

One quick note that this is for the Veteran and does not extend the same privilege to the Veteran's family unless that person is a VA designated caregiver. Lots of Veterans have been surprised when attempting to access the base with family members. It's a bit more flexible for camping as bases usually issue a Visitor's Pass to family members for MWR purposes when the Veteran has a campsite reservation.

1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Free Natioan Park enterence
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.