|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> NL Skylight lug broke off

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Dewclaw

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/20 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dewclaw wrote:

I have not posted for quite a long time but finally figured out how to post pictures. They are more than the size intended. Anyway, now it's easy to see what I'm posting about.

Here is a picture of the skylight showing the place where the piece (lug) broke off.

[image]

Here is a picture of the piece that broke off.
[image]

Here is a picture of the other skylight latch, still unbroken.

[image]

I guess that Imgur does not keep the pictures for long. :-(

2008 Northern Lite 9-6 Q Classic SE
2007 GMC 2500HD

covered wagon

USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/20 08:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A general view that I have is some of the problems run into while owning an rv is that you have to be very creative in order to properly solve some problems.

I too have a NL camper and find that with enough thought and planning you can usually have a good solution come on sudden or take some time for it to dawn on you. In my case I wait awhile since I never want the easy way or first thought to influence my decision, shall I say, I always strive for the better way. Often easy to tell the best solution as it is usually the most difficult as well.

I rebuilt my hatch cover from stainless steel with a commercial hinge, resupported the cab over from sag, reinforced the basement sides, upgraded the water fill port and the city water port. I have installed a marine 4 stage charger and battery switch with accurate gauge. Installed a bilge blower to help air out the belly of the camper after much use with intake and exhaust venting. Needless to say I went overboard as an owner for 17 years now.

My hope is that I can instill some ambition to figuring a solution. Perhaps you will even get something on the market that will make you money and help others as well.

I got into fixing everything on mine because like many folks I don't have 49 K laying around to go buying another one. I need my money to enjoy it and go places. I just got back from a trip and want to go again ASAP.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> NL Skylight lug broke off
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.