RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Anyone know anything about Thousand trails? Good or bad

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Anyone know anything about Thousand trails? Good or bad

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
luvmydogs

Ct

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are fultiming for the winter. Do not have any reservations yet as with the way this world is changing day by day, it's making it hard for us to plan much in advance. I've heard a few campers mention Thousand trails but cant quite get what sounds like reliable information on what exactly you are paying for and if you can really make your money back by joining. Someone said you stay free, but can only stay 14 days, then have to leave for 5 and then you can stay in any of there parks again for 14 days free. Free every time you go. Also was told there are always spots kept open for members so you wont be told that a place is booked. So can anyone fill me in on the truth? Good deal, bad deal?

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 05:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pretend it is a time share...sorta.

luvmydogs, how do you tell if a salesman is lying? (His lips are moving).

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Lwiddis

Williams AZ area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/20 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“Do not have any reservations yet as with the way this world is changing day by day, it's making it hard for us to plan much in advance.”

What is your proposed route-destination-objective? Hard to help without any preferences. Forget about the world day by day, where do you want to go?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/20 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are a few that like thousand trails or at least refuse to admit that they were rooked. And the great majority that understand that it is nothing more than a time share scheme. If you must try it then buy a membership from the very large number of people trying to sell theirs.
1000 trails resale

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

LadyRVer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had the Zone Pass TT for going on the 3rd year now. I certainly have done good with it. By the end of this year, I will have spent like 70 plus nights for free (after paying for the zone pass.) I do not have the full-blown membership which can be quite costly. With ZP, you can book 60 days in advance, yes, up to 2 weeks IF there is availability. Cannot do 1 week here and 1 week there but can do 6 nights here and 7 nights there. I just booked 11 nights at a park in FL at Christmas. With the ZP, there are only a few parks in most states but if you plan your trip, it works out. You have to be out a week (not 5 days) then can go back in or to another park. So many different plans in the TT packages.

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/20 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have been an Elite member for years, I am not a full time RV'er and yet, I love the membership. It's not for everybody and if you go in expecting high end resort, well, good luck with that.

Good info can be had at the Facebook site " Thousand Trails, the good and the bad"!
In a not shell, the Camping pass does limit you to two weeks at one resort than a week out of the TT system...or you can spend four nights and go park to park. Yes, a full membership is costly but I have a 6 month reservation window and I can stay at least three weeks at a location and then go directly to another. All I can say is do your research!

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 09:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are looking at a FULL Membership
BUY RESALE......DO NOT buy direct at FULL Price

Check out a Zone Membership FIRST
No membership just a one year purchase.
If it doesn't work for you you didn't spend big $$

TT ZONE PASS ---- $599

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

luvmydogs

Ct

View Profile

Posted: 11/02/20 05:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Okay so how do I buy "resale"? Sorry I dont know enough to understand your post biscuit. I would only get for the southeast, not for the whole country. What is a resale membership?

And acampingwewillgo, did you find most of the campgrounds not "resort" like?I had the impression TT was really nice places, but dont really know.

arhayes

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/02/20 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been full time for 6 years and looked at TT early on. Besides the constraints on stays, it forces you to feel obligated to go where they’re located to get your money’s worth. We have toured now in all the lower 48 and would have missed a lot if we’d been staying in TT parks. Save you4 money and find RV resorts/parks near where YOU want to go.

Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/02/20 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

luvmydogs wrote:

Okay so how do I buy "resale"? Sorry I dont know enough to understand your post biscuit. I would only get for the southeast, not for the whole country. What is a resale membership?

And acampingwewillgo, did you find most of the campgrounds not "resort" like?I had the impression TT was really nice places, but dont really know.

OK resale is buying someone else's membership in TT. They transfer it to you, there maybe a transfer fee to TT.I have not done it so you need to look at some of the websites. I don't understand your SE question but maybe it's because TT sells memberships in regions of the country. You buy a region where you plan to camp. You can also buy a national membership but I believe that costs a lot more. And don't forget there are annual member charges.

As for the resort question, there have been a lot of complaints that the parks in TT are run down and poorly maintained.

I am happily on the outside of TT not a member so my impressions are not highly informed. You may want to watch this vblog on RV memberships: You Me and the RV

They have a number of other videos on starting fulltiming that you may want to watch. And this vblog explains the TT membership:
RV Odd Couple

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Anyone know anything about Thousand trails? Good or bad
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.