|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Manassas location

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Aholland0798

Manassas

View Profile

Posted: 11/03/20 03:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had the absolute worst service possible with the Manassas camping world location. We bought a brand new 2020 Montana in January. Since day one of getting home with the camper the heater has not worked properly. They have fixed it twice and it went out again, we have been battling with them since August to get work done. There are multiple things that need fixed our AC, heater, and the roof leak. They order the parts for the work September 1, since then it is now November 3 and supposedly they still didn’t have the parts in after two months of waiting. I have called multiple times over these two months checking the status and they blew me off every time saying they were still in the mail and they were working on it. I called Keystone today to find a different authorized shop that we could go through for warranty and they were able to track the parts that they ordered and they actually got there September 4, three days after they placed the order. So during these two months of me bugging them to get our heater fixed because it’s now in the 30s at night and I am eight months pregnant probably due any day now, Camping world has been l lying this entire time that the parts had not been in when they have been in for almost 2 months now. I have called them and they have yet to return my phone call, so needless to say this is the absolute worst place to buy camper if you were wanting to get things fixed through them. We haven’t even had the camper for a year and it’s problem after problem that camping world can’t seem to fix.

phillyg

SWFL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/20 04:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go to the CW service desk, looking like you're about break your water right there, and be a Karen; I'm not kidding. Work your way to management if you must.

--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/20 04:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry for these issues. I suggest you find a real home or apartment for the Winter. Two months for warranty work is not, unfortunately, unusual. This is why a pre-purchase inspection and running every system is so important. I see you assign no blame at all to the manufacturer who shipped the RV to CW in that condition. That IMO is wrong.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/20 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nothing unusual about the service you're receiving. Happens at all the dealers. On the positive side, CW didn't build the trailer.

Just noticed it's a first post. Think we'll hear from her again? (So many times we don't)

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/20 05:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sometimes those 3-4 hours before leaving the dealer and checking/running every thing is worth it. Allows the furnace,A/C time to go through a few cycles,HW tank to see the recovery rate,leaks ect.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/20 05:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Aholland0798,

Thank you for your time and sharing your experience. We apologize for the situation you are having with the Manassas Camping World. Please provide your contact number in a private message. We will look into this matter further.

Thank you,
Good Sam Customer Care Team

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/20 06:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

everything sounds normal for CW. people just never learn. find a mom,pop dealer like I have and you,ll be happy.

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/20 06:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am sorry for your problems. I hope you are not living in your RV as a permanent residence as your letter suggests, as that certainly compounds your problems. Many manufacturers cancel any warranty on a RV used as a permanent residence.

Regarding Camping World, for whatever reason, they seem to have many complaints of a serious nature. Sure, they engage in many more service repairs than most any other dealer so the number of complaints should be higher. But it does seem that the complaints are caused by inept and uncaring employees. That is inexcusable.

Remember each appliance is covered by its own manufacturer's warranty, and you may be able to find an independent service facility that will honor that warranty without going through Camping World.

NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/20 04:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whoever makes your furnace contact them and make the warranty claim against them.
Tell them to ship you a new unit and hire an HVAC contractor to install it.

Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/20 05:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

Nothing unusual about the service you're receiving. Happens at all the dealers. On the positive side, CW didn't build the trailer.

Just noticed it's a first post. Think we'll hear from her again? (So many times we don't)

lol, yea, probably right. I think it is interesting though when people do come back and post about their experience in fixing their issue.

So.... has anything happened with this situation?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Manassas location
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.