RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: No 3/4 ton trucks.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> No 3/4 ton trucks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/20 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Draggo wrote:

I've been in the market for a new GM 2500 for the last few weeks and I'm having a hard time even finding a gas one to test drive. The dealers around here are selling them as fast as they come in. I talked to a salesman one day and before I could even get out there the next day the one I was going to look at was sold. One of the dealers told me that there are plenty of them someplace in OH but due to their size they can only ship them 1 or 2 at a time on the haulers which is making deliver very slow. How true that is I don't know but it sounds plausible.

If this is the case, perhaps have the salesman your talking to do a dealer search to see where the trucks are at and then call that dealer directly. If several OH dealers have trucks, see where and if all are within a decent proximity to each other, maybe worth a road trip after talking to them. Or you could go another route and use Autotrader, type in what you are looking for within "X" miles (maybe a good idea to go beyond that "X" just to see what's out there) which is essentially what your local dealer is doing.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/20 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ACZL wrote:

Draggo wrote:

I've been in the market for a new GM 2500 for the last few weeks and I'm having a hard time even finding a gas one to test drive. The dealers around here are selling them as fast as they come in. I talked to a salesman one day and before I could even get out there the next day the one I was going to look at was sold. One of the dealers told me that there are plenty of them someplace in OH but due to their size they can only ship them 1 or 2 at a time on the haulers which is making deliver very slow. How true that is I don't know but it sounds plausible.

If this is the case, perhaps have the salesman your talking to do a dealer search to see where the trucks are at and then call that dealer directly. If several OH dealers have trucks, see where and if all are within a decent proximity to each other, maybe worth a road trip after talking to them. Or you could go another route and use Autotrader, type in what you are looking for within "X" miles (maybe a good idea to go beyond that "X" just to see what's out there) which is essentially what your local dealer is doing.

The problem is they show as being on the lot, but sell before you get there. I had the same problem, saw the one listed on the dealers lot, called and they said sure come on down, when i got there it was gone. They probably knew that and had me come in anyway then tried to see me other **** i didnt want. So , be weary of the salesman. Took me a while to find mine, but i did get it early and for a good price. Now , its probably way harder to do that. I looked around here in nj and just saw work trucks or the higest end models.

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

JAC1982

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/20 12:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blt2ski wrote:

This lack of new trucks, has made the GM used market go thru the roof. 9 months ago, you could get a 20-50K mile 2014-18 1500 truck for $18-25K, add $10K to that now. Rigs with 100K+ miles are going in the high $20K relm......

The used uhal reg cabs can still be found for around $20K......Seen a few new ones for mid 30K, et cab rwd for $30K......These are work truck level mind you.

Marty

We saw at a nearby dealer that they had our same 2017 King Ranch dually for sale used. It had 50k on it. They were asking $62,000 for it. That isn't much less than what we paid new for ours in 2017. Sure made us feel nice with ours with only 10k on it LOL!

2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/20 01:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And to think I took delivery of my 2020 F-350 late March, just about a week before PA closed... Its sitting in my driveway with less then 5k on her and wont be driven (for the most part) until next April..

Glad I got it when I did.. I ALMOST was gonna wait and order it late spring!

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/20 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Daughter bought a car from a large Chevy dealer last month, they told her that every truck that gets delivered to them is essentially already sold.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/20 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Definitely not a smart time to buy. Unless you're desperate hang on to what you have until things get caught back up.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

ksss

Eastern Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/20 11:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsteve wrote:

Daughter bought a car from a large Chevy dealer last month, they told her that every truck that gets delivered to them is essentially already sold.

Same way here. They have had guys waiting as the trucks get unloaded for those trucks that have not been ordered for a buyer. I would guess once the year end business purchases have been make that resolve itself somewhat.

2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/20 01:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am pretty friendly with the owner of our local Ford Dealer, been buying form him for years.

The Super Duty trucks are very sloe to come in, when they do, they are special order trucks.

He told me that almost every stock truck inbound is sold before it hits the pavement.. AND AT NEXT TO NO DISCOUNT ... He is pretty much naming his price and getting it... Crazy Times

deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/20 05:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Retired JSO wrote:

The 21’s are so butt ugly, they sent them back.

Roger that. 2020 and 2021 Chevy wins the ugly truck contest

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2009 Arctic Fox 811 (bought new 11/9/09)
2018 Timber Ridge 24RLS (bought pre-owned 3/12/20)
2008 Haulmark 8.5x20 toy box trailer

Curly2001

Tucson, Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/20 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Found two 2020 F250 Ford diesels close to Tucson but they have 3.31 rear ends. Is that normal for a Ford diesel? I have been a gas man for a long time and don't know what rear ratios are good for diesel.
Curly

2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> No 3/4 ton trucks.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.