RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: CDN Snowbirds getting their RV's across....

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> CDN Snowbirds getting their RV's across....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/20 09:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ontario,,Quebec and Manitoba has more covid cases now too,good idea is to stay home and chill.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/20 10:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is funny. Y’all getting riled up over people being resourceful and not breaking any rules.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/20 02:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get out and enjoy yourself or stay hunkered down. Its your choice. Don't try and push your beliefs, recommendations, or agenda on others, that's the governments job.

Covid is not going away even with vaccines they are reporting to be 90% effective because 50% or better of the population are anti Vaxxers and are going to refuse to get it. Karen is certainly not going to let little snot nosed Johnny and Karen Jr get vaccinated. Herd immunity might take years to develop, just refer to run of the mill influenza as an example. Most folks on these boards will be worm food long before that takes place.

If you want to stay 100% safe in the challenging, uncommon, trying times that were all in together, just stay in your basement, don a mask, and lock the doors. You may have to do that though until they plant you due to natural causes. Come on man.

Jack_Diane_Freedom

Burlington Ontario Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/20 03:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a service operating in my area where people can fly from Burlington Ontario International airport by private helicopter including pets to Buffalo Executive Airport and your car will be trucked to Buffalo and waiting for you there. Then on to the drive to Florida in your own vehicle. $1900 Cdn. Seems to be working as the heli company is well booked.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/20 04:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok how it reads to me.. NOW I admit I may be all wet here but this is how I see it.

The article said you can FLY across the border.. Just not DRIVE (or walk or ride) If you cross in a vehicle. be it a Car, Truck RV or Addis Foot-mobile (Walking) there is no COVID-19 screening.

Many if not all international airports, screen passangers both arriving and departing.. So you get screened. Same as I will in a few days at hospital.

So. that may be the reason...
As for Truckers crossing without restrictions.. I'd have to chat with TOM (A Truck Driver from Toronto I frequently chat with) but I suspect he is frequently checked as well. But they have to let him into the us because usually when coming North from Windsor to Detroit he's loaded with ... CHOCOLATE bound for California. And veggies the other way.

Home is where I park it.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/20 05:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt wrote:

I really do not understand why people act this way. The selfishness just drives me 'round the bend.

Gary

The numbers in the very sparsely populated area of NW Florida my friend just arrived at by doing exactly this are far below where he lives in Ontario.

CaLBaR

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/12/20 06:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DW and I had this talk yesterday when we read about the Burlington helicopter. No way we are going south until things settle and the border opens again. Could afford the $2K but sure don't want to be anywhere but home if we get sick.

2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/20 07:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CaLBaR wrote:

...sure don't want to be anywhere but home if we get sick.
I think that is part of the issue. Here in the States a) it probably isn't any worse Covid-wise if we go to Florida verses stay home; b) if we get sick our insurance works everywhere and/or can just hop in the RV and be home in short order with no concerns.

I guess a CA citizen could just drive their RV back into Canada since my understanding is they will always let you come home. If a Canadian flew to Florida and got sick I do wonder if they would be permitted to get on a plane and fly home (I hope not [emoticon]).

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/20 08:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

The numbers in the very sparsely populated area of NW Florida my friend just arrived at by doing exactly this are far below where he lives in Ontario.

Your friend must be living in a submarine.

https://fdoh.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdas........x.html#/8d0de33f260d444c852a615dc7837c86

I picked one of the "lightly infected" counties called Liberty. There were 8414 folks living there (2014), and the number of cases is 511 with 12 deaths.

Saskatchewan has the same rate of infection per 100,000 souls as Ontario. Liberty County had the lowest number I found--and it is WAY more dangerous.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/20 08:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Silly rules propagate silly responses but good for the folks who've found a good alternative.

RV'ing is one of the best ways to self isolate. This isn't 2 weeks into a sudden outbreak, the rules should really be adapting to reality by now but games are being played at higher levels with the border crossing. Now that things are settling out, I expect by the end of January, some of those games will be dissipated.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> CDN Snowbirds getting their RV's across....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.