RV.Net Open Roads Forum: LED light and 12v Voltage? UPDATE-OOPS!/Got Kohrees too.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> LED light and 12v Voltage? UPDATE-OOPS!/Got Kohrees too.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/20 10:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BFL13 wrote:

Yes, using LED bulbs in the old fixture is a good choice. Powerfist is their home brand for lots of their things, so I will check the fixture for any other brand that might be on it.

When Mr Wiz gets back, he can say which Kohree he has that has the good voltage range from that amazon link.

Lots to choose from..

KOHREE AMAZON SEARCH

First one on Amazon list..

HERE

Relampable, 60K hr life, 6W with both lamps on 320 Lumens per lamp, "natural white" 4000K-4500K color temp..

"

LED type: SMD5050
Power: 6 Watts
Lumen: 2 X 320LM
CRI: Ra>70
Operating voltage: DC 12V-18V
Size: 11 1/4"(L) x 5"(W) x 1.5"(H)"

Much better specs than Princess Auto light, far brighter, only would need just one light on to equal brightness of the Princess Auto light.. Voltage range would be acceptable, narrow range would indicate it does not use a constant current switching regulator but with the upper rating at 18V should be fine to use.

This is an example of better lights designed for this kind of use.

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/20 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the good steer on that. I see now on the link where I missed the voltage range on those earlier. I ordered the two-pack of duals, due in a few days. One for the MH and one for the TC [emoticon]

1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/20 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Apologies all round! The light from Princess Auto works just fine. It was a loose connection where I installed it. My fault. Sorry about wasting everyone's time! ( I did learn some good info though.)

I was removing it and it came on! I got it down from the ceiling hanging by its wires, and there was the loose connection. I fixed that and tried at 13.7v and it worked. Turned voltage up to 15.4 and it stayed on.

It worked ok at the lower voltages before. I guess the 14.7 made the loose connection get too hot and it made the two wires get farther apart? Whatever, it works now.

I see it is made by Pai Ying Ent. Co. Ltd, has CSA ca and us, and is 12v 10w. On the back, each light cluster is marked 7W23 81901

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/20 12:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its all good!

Glad you found the problem.

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/20 01:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://phillip8899.en.ec21.com/company_info.html

Seems it is a Taiwan outfit. Their model PY-830 RV light is also on eBay as a "Gustafson" brand.

Anyway, I can keep this one and still use the two Kohrees in the MH and camper, so I am getting lots of LED lighting. [emoticon]

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/20 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

it seems the same brightness level to me, all the time, straight battery voltage or charging,
I have never noticed any difference
Must be some kind of regulation on the lamp boards,
I'm a reader, I don't set in the dark and stare at the Tv, I always have some lights on, even if the TV is on

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/20 02:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MrWizard wrote:

it seems the same brightness level to me, all the time, straight battery voltage or charging,
I have never noticed any difference
Must be some kind of regulation on the lamp boards,
I'm a reader, I don't set in the dark and stare at the Tv, I always have some lights on, even if the TV is on

If LED brightness doesn't change with normal variations in battery voltage that means the LED's have some form of voltage or current regulation. that is GOOD.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/20 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got the new Kohrees installed and like them very much! Thanks for the good advice to get them.

These use a dimmer instead of having a choice to use either end or both ends at once. The lens gives a soft light instead of the bright white light of the Princess Auto one I started with (although that one does work and can take the higher voltages too as mentioned with the Oops post earlier)

You just poke the knob for on and off and turn the knob for brightness level. Only thing wrong is that it does not cover all the screw holes of the old style dual lamp, so you have to do some handyman work there depending on your ceiling material.

https://www.amazon.com/Kohree-Dimmable-A........ohree+led+rv+light&qid=1605996181&sr=8-9

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> LED light and 12v Voltage? UPDATE-OOPS!/Got Kohrees too.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.