RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: The strange ramifications of COVID shutdowns

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> The strange ramifications of COVID shutdowns

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
trb46

Central Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/20 08:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stop it! You’re making me hungry!

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/20 03:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Speaking of Turkeys.

Marshall Michigan I think the road is N-Drive north. West of I-69 is "Turkeyville USA" Cromwell's Turkey Farm, Restaurant and museum.
If you are in the area when it's open by all means stop in and dine.

Marshall has some History and some fine dining as well.

It is also the home of Progressive Dynamics of Converter fame.

Home is where I park it.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/20 05:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Big camp DO Turkey
14 in camp DO start with pie in pan off to side, rolls around. Rolls done, center pie. Dishes done, have a slice of hot pie. Or if need room for more rolls put pie on earlier.
12 in deep camp DO. Sweet potato casserole.
12 in camp DO with domed lid mashed potatoes
10 in camp DO dressing
10 in camp DO green bean casserole
8 in camp DO and 1 of the 8 in DO for veggies
8 in DO gravy.
12 in skillet, with the rimed lid from camp oven cornbread.
Thanksgiving is the one weekend that I really worry about water. Cleaning all the CI can fill the gray water tote

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/20 12:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Taint no restrictions here and as large as family gathering as always. No one, in the family, or anyone we know has or had the Chinese Virus. However Wal Mart locally had several cases among some employees but not all, and closed for two or three days for cleaning.
Brother is somewhat concerned because of kidney problems and stays on his 100 acres, all the time, since the scare was announced.
We have not altered schedules or anything, with the exception of leaving our coach in Az and coming home in the Towed, because of concerns about finding open campgrounds. Went and brought it back and home in Sept.
This virus seems to happen in clusters, when someone with it brings it among them, from the outside, like Travelers off the Interstate and into that Wal Mart.
Here in the woods the Virus scare has been a relief, as not so many people, at the beach and on the lakes and river. People are coming from everywhere else and buying and building, including what was the back woods, of my youth, to escape the ant colonies and the problems of such things as this Virus and economy and other things.
We always are looking for greener grass but it is not as green anywhere else as it is here. So we are not worried about the Chicom virus but don't go where there are crowds. Wife does go to the stores. I"m trying to get her to order groceries on line and pick them up or have them delivered 6u6
Thought about large UV lamp,s for the Florescent light fixtures, in the garage where all the groceries and such and most foot traffic comes into the house.
Will it hurt the interior paint of the vehicles?
Only company we have are the deer, and the cats someone dropped off. I know where some skunks are and have a large trap if I find out who did that.
Thinking how I can get partially tamed the youngster Bob Cat we saw and get him or her, to sleep on the porch, to keep anyone else with the Virus, away.
Life is good, and we are not watching the TeeVEE news to make us scardy and miserable.
The turkey will be fresh as usual and about 24 lbs. Cost more but I'm worth it for family. Maybe as noted in the first post they will be cheaper.
I would like to hunt one for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but not here in the yard, sorta. May anyway but not shoot anything.

I hope everyone here has a Happy Thanksgiving not worrying and not worrying about getting bit by the Chicom bug.
Turkey and cornbread sage stuffing, lots of cranberry sauce, smashed taters, candid yams, good green beans, pumpkin and sweet tater pies, apple and cherry pies, and cherry cheesecake, pecan pies,lemon pie homemade breads. But most of all I hope everyone has a smile and good time around the feast and all the youngins keep you up real late with laughter, playing cards and games and tricks on the ole Folks.
Can't eat it all. one bite from each dish will fill me. But good no great times with the whole family. Wish Mon and Dad was still here to sit back and just enjoy it lie they use to.

* This post was last edited 11/14/20 01:01pm by down home *   View edit history

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/20 02:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the much abused promise of a stimulus check comes through I intend to buy a 10 CF chest freezer. Then fill it for July turkey, January blueberries, and ajune pumpkin pie. I don't know why Rhubarb pie is so hard to find in the San Diego area. Also a question. Can mind altering strength of Tule Lake horseradish keep its strength frozen?

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/20 05:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a question.....
One of the folks I follow on Facebook mentioned he met a man who said thanks to this Virus his business has Trippled.

Anyone care to guess his profession. And no he his not a doctor or other medical professional. (I will give you that much help)

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/20 05:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

With Thanksgiving approaching there have been the usual turkey-related articles, but one caught his attention. It seems the cancellation of the Renaissance fairs has caused a glut of turkeys.

Yeah, there’s a glut of turkeys around here too. There was a big flock in the field out back when I went out this morning, I lost count at 70 birds.

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/20 06:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

Here is a question.....
One of the folks I follow on Facebook mentioned he met a man who said thanks to this Virus his business has Trippled.

Anyone care to guess his profession. And no he his not a doctor or other medical professional. (I will give you that much help)
Maybe a mortician. [emoticon]

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/20 07:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hone delivery driver.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/20 08:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Swimming pool company

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> The strange ramifications of COVID shutdowns
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.