|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Thor or Forest River - Warranty and reputation

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/20 09:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lane hog wrote:

What's sad is that Forest River used to be quality 20 years ago. Not so much anymore.

We sold our 2016 and bought a 2005 FR trailer. Much better build construction.

1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

mlh

Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/20 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like forest river products personally. As far as the warranty experience, I have never had a claim denied. I had what appear to be a bolt sticking up under the linoleum on a class C I owned. It apparently came loose. It was out of warranty by well over a year or two, but the dealer got FR to cover it under warranty. They removed the linoleum, tightened the bolt, and replaced the linoleum with new.

2020 Ram 3500 DRW Crew, 4x4, CTD
2019 Puma 29QBSS
Equalizer weight distribution and sway control

wiskeyVI

All Over

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/20 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My dad bought a 2020 Thor Class C, and has filed under oregon state lemon law as it can't seem to keep the starter battery to last more than a few days at a time.
CW had it many times, and found a sort in the hydraulics, that they thought was the culprit....but nope.
It's now at a Ford dealer to get looked at...

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/20 12:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't answer the 'warranty' question, because I have not had an issue that required a true 'warranty' fix with my Rockwood that I could not just fix myself, and that's been mostly mods to the rig to make it work better for how we 'camp'... [emoticon]

I have a 2019 Rockwood "Mini-Lite", but it's really heavy! ha, ha..

Anyway, I had a 2003 Fleetwood Prowler Lynx before the Rockwood and we all know that "Fleetwood" was also a "bad" brand to get too...

Well, I never had any issues with warranty on it either.. I did have one warranty thing done, and they fixed it fast with no hassle.. But it failed again the next time out and I fixed it myself while in the camp site and it then lasted for another 15 years just fine! ha, ha.. Traded that Prowler for the Rockwood and got a heck of a deal on it!

After that, I figure if you have great 'warranty' service, you still have a POS rig that needs that kind of service, right??

It's all a flip of the coin in what your rig is going to be, but I know I spent over an hour looking over my Rockwood and asking all kinds of questions that I knew the answer to, but was just keeping the sales guy involved while I walked the roof, crawled under and opened every cabinet, ran every system to at least give me an idea of what I was getting.. It was off the lot, so I got what I looked at..

When you special order a rig, you get what you get.. Sure it now has the colors and other stuff you wanted.. But, in the end, you have no choice when it's delivered.. Or I guess you can wait several more months.

I buy off the rack all the time, and it has seemed to work for me..

Good luck, Mitch
[image]

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Thor or Forest River - Warranty and reputation
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.