|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> queen corner bed vs twin single beds

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/20 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

Our Class C has the standard rear corner queen bed and overhead cab queen bed.

The wife uses the rear corner bed and I use the cabover bed ... lots of room for both of us to move around ... which she needs for her bad back. Neither of us have (yet) any issues getting into/out-of our respective beds.

We don't make up either bed to "look pretty", so there's no hassles with doing that. Each bed just has pillows and blankets or comforters showing on it all the time.

The above provides good sleeping arrangements for both of us in our compact 24 foot. Class C.
So I take it you don't have to get up often to go to the bathroom. It just seems difficult to me to climb down that ladder in the middle of the night.

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/20 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

pnichols wrote:

Our Class C has the standard rear corner queen bed and overhead cab queen bed.

The wife uses the rear corner bed and I use the cabover bed ... lots of room for both of us to move around ... which she needs for her bad back. Neither of us have (yet) any issues getting into/out-of our respective beds.

We don't make up either bed to "look pretty", so there's no hassles with doing that. Each bed just has pillows and blankets or comforters showing on it all the time.

The above provides good sleeping arrangements for both of us in our compact 24 foot. Class C.

So I take it you don't have to get up often to go to the bathroom. It just seems difficult to me to climb down that ladder in the middle of the night.

I do have to get up 2-3 times in the middle of the night, but so far I can do it from the overhead cab bed. Our motorhome has a floor that is raised up from the cab's floor - unlike many Class C rigs - so it's a shorter trip from the cabover bed down to the coach floor. I can even step down onto the dinette seat - along with using rungs on the ladder - so as to make it real easy and safe to get down from the cabover bed. Getting up onto the bed of course always takes just the ladder. I can also sit almost completely upright on the edge of the cabover bed with my legs hanging over.

Our highest priority is to use a small as possible motorhome for best driveability and access to the greatest selection of camping spots, while at the same time having one with the greatest amount of inside comfort as possible. I guess this means we somehow have to stay nimble in order for both of us to enjoy such things as a queen bed for each of us. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 11/16/20 10:41am by pnichols *

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/20 04:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at Phoenix Cruiser web site today and saw a Phoenix TRX with a double sofa, 22'10" in length. Are any on here familiar with this model or how comfortable those jackknife sofas are to sleep on?

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/20 04:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

I looked at Phoenix Cruiser web site today and saw a Phoenix TRX with a double sofa, 22'10" in length. Are any on here familiar with this model or how comfortable those jackknife sofas are to sleep on?

every jack knife sofa I have sat/lain on was the work of the devil.
bumpy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> queen corner bed vs twin single beds
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.