|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Corn, Corn and more Corrn

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/20 10:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Watched Second Hand Lions again.
never fails to resurrect the life of my youth.
Didn't have any second hand lions but id bring home a Bobcat and a Bear.
Couldn't keep them. Grand Ma didn't cotton to the idea at all.
Barefoot walk to town enjoy the dam sand under the sycamores.
Sit in front of the old Home Store with a Orange Crush with ice i it and a Moon Pie.
No TV and Coal era lights and battery radio! WSM 650 and T Tommy Cutrer.
Concerns, what concerns. Of course Uncles worked in the mines or building homes. Very little if any income taxes. Everything they earned was in their pockets or like Grand Pa buried in the yard or woods somewhere.. Still some Gran Pa buried in the early 1900s til late forties there somewhere.
We wanted to hunt or fish , whats a Game Warden. Moms' Uncle Jim was Sheriff. Wanted to call cousins or Uncles across the hollars they yodeled, that's right yodeled Time revolved around the chimes at the old Grammar school across the mountain. It was so quiet that you hurt your ears straining to hear anything. The chimes were heard for at least ten miles in every direction.
Doctor Grand Ma didn't charge much either. Steed on a 10 penny nail and all the way through my right foot. Soaked it in coal erl Put a rag on it and walked anyway fer a week.Everybody worked an worked hard but all the reward was theirs.
Do you realize how much time TV and this here computer takes away from living, or driving 50 miles to a store?
Peddlers came around regularly and...we had en here until late seventies. he got into air conditioning and retired from it all last year, with a reputation that any Preacher would envy. Cookware and vegetables and so on, farm equipment...and mail if you asked him to on his next round. N mail delivery in the sticks.
Cousin lives in one of the houses and strangers in another I helped build. So Eden is getting crowded now with people from all the US moving in and buying and building at bargain price.
What is Eden it is space, to do whatever you want, and peace of mind and happiness and no bills. You owe and the creditor owns you!
It'd be right hard to fence this parcel but in My few years left I might just find me something further out and get me a second hand lion and a bar too. Only thing is how can I get half dozen kids to make it Eden. Anybody read any books on how to get your wife to let you have a mistress, and keep the wife happy. No I'm dreaming. Never would violate what my wife an I have. Maybe a fertility doctor.
Any body thin it nuts to have kids at 72?

FlashBuddy

Fort Collins Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/20 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hold on there pardn'r. It is 'absolutely' nuts to have kids at 72; Grand kids only!

Love your write-up. Where can I buy the book and how long until the movie comes out? BTW, I have some real estate money to invest. Know of any good deals anywhere?

2018 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel Lariat Super Crew 4X4
Grand Design Reflection 295RL
Jan Baby the Wife & Molly the Dog

K_and_I

North Central Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/20 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

... Only thing is how can I get half dozen kids to make it Eden. Anybody read any books on how to get your wife to let you have a mistress, and keep the wife happy. No I'm dreaming. Never would violate what my wife an I have. Maybe a fertility doctor.
Any body thin it nuts to have kids at 72?

I love to give homemade gifts. Which one of my kids do you want?
[emoticon]

K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/19/20 05:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't see the image but cats just aren't the same. [emoticon] They run the place not us.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 09:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Title lead me to think of Corn on the Cob, buttered popcorn, cream corn, corn muffins.
Boy was I let down

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/20 07:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Corn, Corn and more Corrn
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.