RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Any deals?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Any deals?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 11/19/20 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The RV Business Magazine articles must be like published fishing reports, old. All the RV dealers in our area had empty lots all summer but are now wall to wall new units, squeezed in like valet parking.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Vanished

Central PA

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/20 04:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

Vanished wrote:

It took a good bit of negotiations thru several dealers, but I landed on a Momentum 28G locally for a price I'm happy with that I'm picking up next week. Thanks for the input!

I just looked up the floorplan. That's a real beauty. Nice.

What kind of toys do you plan to haul? It looks like there's plenty of space from front to back, as long as your toys aren't too wide for the slide.

Thanks.. We wanted the open floor plan for our Kayaks but the toy hauler for my Indian Springfield. We also have a Rincon as well that I like to take out.

2019 Ford F350 4x4 diesel DRW

pulpwood007

Hemphill, TX

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/20 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bikendan wrote:

pulpwood007 wrote:

FlashBuddy wrote:

Background: Just purchased a 2021 TT.
My shopping experience: Found the best deals from wholesalers, but
RV Trader was my go-to place to compare new/used rigs.

What exactly is a "wholesaler" ? I thought all manufacturers only sold through retail dealers.

You are correct. The "wholesaler" tag is a marketing term. But, like RV Wholesalers for example, they deal in high volume sales, therefore getting better pricing from the manufacturer.

Exactly, a marketing ploy. However, there used to be some internet based dealers that were great.

About 12 years ago I purchased a Crossroads Cruiser from one of these dealers in Ohio. It was 1000 mile drive from my home in Texas. Price was about $7K less than the best deal I could find anywhere locally. They also could offer a better price because of their low freight cost from the factory (being very close). All units were special order so they had no money tied up in inventory. Folks willing to travel got a great deal.

All that stopped a couple of years later when local dealers started losing business because of pricing, and having customers buy at these remote locations and then bring them into local dealers wanting warranty work. Manufacturers started cracking down on internet low pricing, and as a result, we also now have policies (supported by the manufacturers) where non-selling dealers do not voluntarily have to work on trailers.

All good things must come to an end..............

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Any deals?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.