RV.Net Open Roads Forum: I now hav e AC power in my driveway...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> I now hav e AC power in my driveway...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/21 11:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DC, glad to hear you re-couped from your issues.
Haven’t seen many pics of your new home until now.
That is beautiful!! Looks like paradise. And you’ve done so much to the place…
Again, congrats on moving to the “country” and nothin beats living in the mountains In the southwest.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Desert Captain

Payson

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/21 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Phil, earlier you asked about an RV mechanic and I missed responding. On top off all the other good things Payson has provided a great independent mechanic. Carl is an RV expert and will come to our house. I had him replace our old {original} water heater and troubleshoot some electrical issues I was having with one of my LED tail/brake light clusters all right in our driveway.

He is ASE certified and has a complete shop on his property about 5 miles up the road. I took the coach to him a couple of months ago and he went through it changing out the oil, trans and differential with full synthetic. He also did a coolant flush and a full fuel system flush/treatment and inspected it from top to bottom replacing the chassis battery with an AGM, all hoses and fittings were inspecte. I will have him replace the plugs at 75K miles... everything else is perfect. A couple of dealers quoted me $2,000+ for less work than Carl did and he did everything for $1,100.

We now have 69K+ trouble free miles on our 2012 coach and it is nice to know everything is good to go.

I found this pic that I took when Carl was replacing the water heater. It gives a good look at how Nexus builds their coaches. Note the Pex plumbing lines, electrical conduits and furnace ducting... all neatly run and secured.

[image]

[emoticon]

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/21 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desert Captain wrote:

Phil, earlier you asked about an RV mechanic and I missed responding. On top off all the other good things Payson has provided a great independent mechanic. Carl is an RV expert and will come to our house. I had him replace our old {original} water heater and troubleshoot some electrical issues I was having with one of my LED tail/brake light clusters all right in our driveway.

He is ASE certified and has a complete shop on his property about 5 miles up the road. I took the coach to him a couple of months ago and he went through it changing out the oil, trans and differential with full synthetic. He also did a coolant flush and a full fuel system flush/treatment and inspected it from top to bottom replacing the chassis battery with an AGM, all hoses and fittings were inspecte. I will have him replace the plugs at 75K miles... everything else is perfect. A couple of dealers quoted me $2,000+ for less work than Carl did and he did everything for $1,100.

We now have 69K+ trouble free miles on our 2012 coach and it is nice to know everything is good to go.

I found this pic that I took when Carl was replacing the water heater. It gives a good look at how Nexus builds their coaches. Note the Pex plumbing lines, electrical conduits and furnace ducting... all neatly run and secured.

[image]

[emoticon]

I did mention use of mobile mechanics in some earlier Class C postings!

I now use one for my Class C's E450 chassis. For any coach repairs/upgrades I'll probably use another mobile repair service that impressed me by doing good propane furnace work on the mobile home in my back yard ... and they stated that they could do anything I needed on the coach part of my Class C.

If you can get access to them, I'm so far impressed with the convenience, speed of service, and expertise of mobile mechanics. What they appear to be are very good Shade Tree Mechanics that you pay for ... if you have a tree for them to work under. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 09/23/21 04:14pm by pnichols *

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/21 04:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DC, You really need to by buy '48 Indian Chief to go with your modern one. I don't ride anymore and Chief needs minor TLC to get "on the road again". Left hand shift, right hand throttle, left hand spark advance.

Desert Captain

Payson

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/21 09:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BC, sounds like it would be a hoot but my 2 wheel days have come and gone... sigh. Fortunately the Spyder keeps me smiling and my bride loves the ride as much as she did the Springfield.

[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> I now hav e AC power in my driveway...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.