RV.Net Open Roads Forum: I now hav e AC power in my driveway...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> I now hav e AC power in my driveway...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/20 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DC ... you probably mentioned this and if so, I missed it: What about a dump station right next to your RV to empty it's tanks?

We have that here in our backyard and it sure is nice to be able to dump the tanks before and after trips right here at home.

P.S. I've even located some good mobile mechanics that will come right to my backyard and repair/maintain both the Ford chassis and Winnebago coach.

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/20 05:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good on you, OP, and congrats for finding Paradise.

Here on the right coast, we found our patch of heaven 26 years ago. We bought 27 acres zoned agricultural just outside the city limits with a bold spring and creek and after building our house, we turned the shack out back into our full hookup campsite. It’s great to have room for all the toys along with enough privacy to be able to run laps around the house stark naked screaming at the top of our lungs without disturbing neighbors, should we have the urge.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/20 06:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DC, congratulations, best of luck and good health in your new home.

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/20 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

DC ... you probably mentioned this and if so, I missed it: What about a dump station right next to your RV to empty it's tanks?

We have that here in our backyard and it sure is nice to be able to dump the tanks before and after trips right here at home.

P.S. I've even located some good mobile mechanics that will come right to my backyard and repair/maintain both the Ford chassis and Winnebago coach.

Phil,
No need... just one half a mile from my driveway is the Giant {brand} gas station out on highway 260. They sell a lot of gas to the RV crowd that passes by both going and coming up and down 260 to access the Mogollon Rim. Their business is greatly enhanced by the free dump stations {2} that they have. I don't even need to get on 260 as the back exit from their parking lot empties out onto Granite Dells Rd which is how I get to my place.

I have been using their dump station for years, usually when returning from our many camping trips up to the Rim and this time of year the only two dump stations up on the Rim are closed until May. On Sunday afternoons the wait can be an hour or more but I just roll up there mid morning, mid week and have it all to myself. Like the man said... Location, location, location!

[emoticon]

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/20 02:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow. Nice! We'd be backing our FW all the way down to your man cave, if we lived there!

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

stripit

Prescott

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/20 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We came really close to probabluy being one of your neighbors a few years ago, liked Payson but decided on Prescott instead. Your set up is looking oh so nice. Congratualtions on getting it all together like you did.

Stacey Frank
2013 Tiffin Allegro 34QFA
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> I now hav e AC power in my driveway...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.