|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Dodge 1999 3500 Lamarie dually

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

TC Weight is carried by frame/suspension/axle/tires

The TC weight is carried by the bed, which in turn is carried by the frame/suspension/axles/tires.

If you just ripped the box off and set the TC on the frame you would have a mess. The frame rails would punch up through the floor of the TC, as it is designed to sit on the relatively flat floor of a pickup truck bed.

So the bed needs to have some structural integrity. If the floor is badly rusted, buckles under your feet as you walk on it, and/or the sides flop when the tailgate is removed, you need a better bed.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/20 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^But this one has some purpose cut holes in it, which even though the OP described poorly and hasn’t been back to clarify, that most likely fall directly over the frame rails and NOT through a bed support crossmember.
So one can hypothesize about all kinds of things that aren’t applicable to the thread, but why?

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

intravino

Quebec

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/20 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

If you found a low mile, good condition 20 year old Cummins dually in Quebec, buy it.
95% chance whatever holes you’re trying to describe won’t matter.
100% chance it will be better than 95% of the rest of the old trucks you’ll find up there.
Don’t worry about it.

Unfortunately, it is not a Cummins, it is a gasser V10.

Also, it is not in good condition, the front fender are damaged near the lower part and the cab corners are perforated. I got quoted bettwen $4 and $5 gran for a repair. Too bad, the engine is top notch and the ATX is ok.

* This post was edited 11/25/20 09:30am by intravino *

KKELLER14K

BEAVERTON OREGON

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 12:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The truck bed is not on my hot list as to what you have found and what has been done to the truck bed.. that comes later. OK this is a 2000?... Laramie Dually? In Canada?...Right? With 120K on the truck? A leather package? This is worth explaining.. the truck you found has to be explained. Is this a 5.9 Cummins diesel? "AUTO" or 6 speed? Way to many questions..this could be a troll post. It does not make sense. I have a 2002 with 106k on it...it sits for hauling RV...with a Cummins diesel jacked up for this year pulling with add on's....just does not sound right...but please correct me..school me why this sounds odd..just scratching my head...MMM>?

KKELLER14K

BEAVERTON OREGON

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 12:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

V10..run!! You want a Dually? GO DIESEL! Don't do gas! NOOoo! Click on my profile.
Sorry for being a pill but gasser in a dually is a big mistake IMHO.

* This post was edited 11/25/20 01:01am by KKELLER14K *

intravino

Quebec

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KKELLER14K wrote:

The truck bed is not on my hot list as to what you have found and what has been done to the truck bed.. that comes later. OK this is a 2000?... Laramie Dually? In Canada?...Right? With 120K on the truck? A leather package? This is worth explaining.. the truck you found has to be explained. Is this a 5.9 Cummins diesel? "AUTO" or 6 speed? Way to many questions..this could be a troll post. It does not make sense. I have a 2002 with 106k on it...it sits for hauling RV...with a Cummins diesel jacked up for this year pulling with add on's....just does not sound right...but please correct me..school me why this sounds odd..just scratching my head...MMM>?

It is 1999 SLT Laramie V10 8l dually. Color white. Auto transmission, quad cab, cloth interior and 194 OOO kilomètres. I have picture also. The truck is in Quebec. Like I said before, the two front fenders are damaged by rust and also the two cab corners. Also the bed as four 6 inches holes in it.

You have a nice Dodge pickup on your profile.

The seller made a mistake in his ad. I can ask him the Vin number to check the Carfax.

1999 Laramie

* This post was last edited 11/25/20 09:26am by intravino *   View edit history

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

intravino wrote:

Quote:

If you found a low mile, good condition 20 year old Cummins dually in Quebec, buy it.
95% chance whatever holes you’re trying to describe won’t matter.
100% chance it will be better than 95% of the rest of the old trucks you’ll find up there.
Don’t worry about it.

Unfortunately, it is not a Cummings, it is a gasser V10.

Also, it is not in good condition, the front fender are damaged near the lower part and the cab corners are perforated. I got quoted bettwen $4 and $5 gran for a repair. Too bad, the engine is top notch and the ATX is ok.

99, 2000, doesn't matter, same truck basically. The V10 is a good engine and that combo obviously has enough snort to haul a TC easily.

I presume it's for sale for a very reasonable price. It's not worth fixing rust, holes and body damage though. In great condition, no rust, that truck is worth $10k usd, tops.
If you can get it cheap and it runs well, it sounds like a good camper hauler. If it's more than $8k CDN, I'd pass. Just because it runs well, an owner that doesn't take care of the truck cosmetically, is much less likely to have taken care of it mechanically. And remember, everything you need to repair on the underside will be a rusted mess, stuck bolts, etc.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It s ucks being on the East coast in the salt belt and trying to find a good condition old truck. Can't go south right now and won't find any nice ones unless they're transplants from lower mainland BC or someone's garage queen unicorn.

Depends if you're looking for a rig for the long term, or just a beater with a heater to get by for a minute.

Having grown up in the rust belt, I will basically not consider anything that is a rustmobile. Personally, I'd do some more searching and consider a road trip.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check the Dodge bed for cracks around the welds.
I had this MY and rewelding the bed was every season job.

KKELLER14K

BEAVERTON OREGON

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/20 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OH no the mirror option is horrible...power heated trailer mirrors are a must in my book....and it is not 4x4?...MM, it's your call but I would not even consider owning this rig...just my opinion.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Dodge 1999 3500 Lamarie dually
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.